Author Topic: Triple Door hanger  (Read 4320 times)

por930

Triple Door hanger
« on: December 30, 2013, 02:51:04 pm »
OK, just loaded JFK and amazed at the details. Found the Jet Blue hanger after a google search of its location. Where is the 'triple door hanger located? and now scouting the airport looking for the American Airline Hanger?

The little Trike nifty little set of wheels for exploring.

I am very surprised at the lack of details helping the pilots get the a/c about the airport. Must be hell at night in the rain. Seems very little assistance on the ground. So far I have used the little follow me van. Might have to try and follow what signage is about. Always F12 to see where you are!!!!

Regards
Geoff

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
Re: Triple Door hanger
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:29:34 am »
lol or you could get World Ground Traffic X, and drive around the airport in an crash truck, de-icer, follow me van (don't recommend this one tho, as some pilot may just follow you), race car, limo, squad car, snow plows for runways, the list goes on and on. Although their vehicles are no way as good as GSX.  :)

boilerbill

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:36:17 pm »
If you found the jetBlue hangar, then you were in the neighborhood. In fact, all three sets of hangars are in the same general area at the north end of the airport complex. The following descriptions make references to the Airport Diagram provided on page 12 of the manual.

• The American Airlines hangar is west of taxiway B; taxiway SC leads directly toward it. The walls are mostly pale blue, with a white/gray roof. "American Airlines" is painted in white on the west wall, and "American" is shown in red on the north wall.
  • The 3 triple-door hangars are north of taxiway C and the approach end of runway 13L; taxiways CC and CD lead directly toward it. They are gray in color, with 3 curved, drab green roofs. There are no labels on the walls.
  • To complete the list for other readers, the jetBlue hangar is north of taxiway B; taxiway TT leads directly toward. It is (naturally) dark blue, with "jetBlue" painted in white on the north and west walls.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:38:02 pm by boilerbill »
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

por930

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:13:03 am »
If you found the jetBlue hangar, then you were in the neighborhood. In fact, all three sets of hangars are in the same general area at the north end of the airport complex. The following descriptions make references to the Airport Diagram provided on page 12 of the manual.

• The American Airlines hangar is west of taxiway B; taxiway SC leads directly toward it. The walls are mostly pale blue, with a white/gray roof. "American Airlines" is painted in white on the west wall, and "American" is shown in red on the north wall.
  • The 3 triple-door hangars are north of taxiway C and the approach end of runway 13L; taxiways CC and CD lead directly toward it. They are gray in color, with 3 curved, drab green roofs. There are no labels on the walls.
  • To complete the list for other readers, the jetBlue hangar is north of taxiway B; taxiway TT leads directly toward. It is (naturally) dark blue, with "jetBlue" painted in white on the north and west walls.

I hope this helps.

Hi boilerbill, Thanks for this. I did find all of the operable "hangers" using your description greatly helped while exploring the airport. The LAX manual has a far better map which made finding their operable "hangers" much easier. The detail of these airports is amazing.
Geoff
Geoff