Author Topic: GSX ground services at LLBG Ben Gurion for 747-8  (Read 4286 times)

Cfoley

GSX ground services at LLBG Ben Gurion for 747-8
« on: December 28, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »
I just purchased Aerosoft's Ben Gurion LLBG aiport.  When I select a "Heavy" parking slot for my PMDG 747-8, and select for GSX services, the message comes up informing me that parking space is too small, even though I selected a heavy aircraft gate.  I tried several gates, but get the same messages.  Does anyone else have this same problem?  By any chance it cannot handle the 747-8 because it is longer that the 747-400?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:53:15 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX ground services at LLBG Ben Gurion for 747-8
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:01:15 pm »
I just purchased Aerosoft's Ben Gurion LLBG aiport.  When I select a "Heavy" parking slot for my PMDG 747-8, and select for GSX services, the message comes up informing me that parking space is too small, even though I selected a heavy aircraft gate.

This is really a FAQ, which has been discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8354.0

and of course is explained in the GSX manual too. The answer can be found in the GSX manual, Page 24, the explanation of the "Max allowed wingspan" parameter of the parking customization page.

By any chance it cannot handle the 747-8 because it is longer that the 747-400?

Sure it can.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:14 am »
Thanks for the information.  I will give it a try.  I did use the search in the forum but came up with nothing.  Probably was the catch words I was using did not bring up what I was searching for.  I am still pretty new using GSX and did not know what to search for regarding this issue.  By the way,  I do love GSX services and how it is compatible with all FSX airports!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:44:48 am by Cfoley »

Cfoley

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 06:07:21 pm »
I was able to get to the menu for the wingspan from the instructions, but I cannot get back to the scenery unless I click the "x" for exiting the menu explained in page 24.  The ground services menu does not appear when I click Ctrl F12, but only the menu for change parking/service.  The only way to resolve this is to "warp me there" and the aircraft position closer to the gate (where the warning "Too Far" appears".  I will then push back the plane a little with "Alt P" function so the gate can reach the doors and the GSX service menu becomes optional.  When I click for the catering service,  a message appears telling catering service is not available for this aircraft.   Other problems occur also.  I again get the message the parking spot is too small.  But somehow I get this fixed, again.  I request catering service.  It seems to work this time but now I get the message for me to open 1R and 5R doors, even though they are open.  I open and close them but I get the same message over and over again. I finally was able to solve that by pressing "Alt E" and the main door would open.  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:35:29 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:30:05 pm »
but I cannot get back to the scenery unless I click the "x" for exiting the menu explained in page 24

That's how you are supposed to exit from that dialog, the "x" is there for a reason...

The ground services menu does not appear when I click Ctrl F12, but only the menu for change parking/service

That's because you weren't parked when you called GSX.

The only way to resolve this is to "warp me there"

That's normal, GSX obviously consider you parked when you park in the middle of the parking. If that parking was made too small by the original designer, that would both explain why you got the "too small" warning initially, and why GSX might consider to be outside of it, if you are not in the center.

But of course, you can also fix this from GSX, by setting the scenery Radius instead. As explained in the manual, the Max Wingspan parameter controls ONLY if GSX will allow you to park a specific airplane. The Radius will take precedence on the one specified by the scenery, and will also control vehicles placement and the parked/not parked range detection.

and the aircraft position closer to the gate (where the warning "Too Far" appears".

That's because GSX doesn't know anything about a docking system coming from a 3rd party scenery. In fact, you should probably disable the marshaller, on 3rd party airports that comes with their own docking systems, because they surely will never agree.

When I click for the catering service,  a message appears telling catering service is not available for this aircraft.

That's because you are probably trying to use an unsupported airplane, without having made a configuration for it. Again, all of this is clearly explained in the manual, please read it.

If, instead, you are using a supported airplane, be sure you haven't change the configuration that comes with GSX with a wrong one, which can be done using the "Reset" button the airplane configuration window.