Author Topic: Missing some buildings randomly  (Read 2769 times)

Stingrey

Missing some buildings randomly
« on: December 23, 2013, 10:47:03 am »
On some Airport (LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, KIDA Flightbeam) I miss some buildings. I have installed the current versions of these Airports as well as gsx and the standalone addon manager. :'(

If I restart couatl, the missing buildings show up but other buildings disappear, especially in Zurich and KIAD.

Do you have any clue why I have these problems?

Of course i deactivate my anti-virus and firewall software.

I use the FSX on Windows 8.1 but I had this Problems sometimes also in the past on Win 7.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing some buildings randomly
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 10:57:41 am »
If I restart couatl, the missing buildings show up but other buildings disappear, especially in Zurich and KIAD.

Do you have any clue why I have these problems?

Of course i deactivate my anti-virus and firewall software.

This doesn't have anything to do with antivirus or our software. If there was a problem with the antivirus or the software install, you wouldn't see *any* buildings and, of course, not even a Couatl menu you could use to restart.

Random buildings or missing building parts, are caused by either a video driver problem or if you run FSX into Compatibility mode.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

Also:

- Be sure you don't run FSX into Compatibility mode.

- Be sure you don't enable Transparency Antialiasing ( or AAA antialiasing ) in the video card settings.

Stingrey

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:06:15 pm »
"- Be sure you don't enable Transparency Antialiasing ( or AAA antialiasing ) in the video card settings."

Do you mean supersampling and multisampling must be off? ??? :-\

No, it has something to do with the fsx.cfg.

Unfortunatly i don't find reason for. Of course i use some tweaks but it's difficult to find out wich one brings your products in trouble...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:16:01 pm by Stingrey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 10:04:01 pm »
Of course i use some tweaks but it's difficult to find out wich one brings your products in trouble...

That's why I've asked to reset the FSX.CFG. Of course you don't have to *lose* it, just move it to another folder but, if the problem will be fixed, at least you would *know* if was something in the FSX.CFG

A tweak in the video card might be more tricky to find, especially if you use external tweakers like nHancer or similar tools, sometimes a complete drivers cleanup might be needed.