Author Topic: Jetways not working - For example EDDT Config file...  (Read 3992 times)

raam123

Jetways not working - For example EDDT Config file...
« on: December 17, 2013, 10:39:49 am »
Hello,

I can't get this airport (German Airport 3) to work with the config file supplied.
Acttually I can't get any airport (3d) to work with the GSX jetways... What am I doing wrong... Always the stairs arrive...
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6861.0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways not working - For example EDDT Config file...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »
Acttually I can't get any airport (3d) to work with the GSX jetways... What am I doing wrong... Always the stairs arrive...

There's no such thing as "GSX jetways". GSX doesn't have any jetways, doesn't control them or have any relationship with them, other than *knowing* if there ARE real, proper FSX jetways on a certain airport, which is of course done automatically if the airport HAS real, proper, FSX animated jetways.

If an airport have fake jetways, GSX won't change that, they will remain static but, you must notify GSX there IS a fake jetway there, because there's no way to detect them automatically.

This is done using the scenery customization page, where you can enable the "Parking has a jetway" option, for those parkings that have fake jetways. You will not see the jetway moving, of course, but at least you won't see *front* stairs and a passenger bus. Rear stairs, instead, will appear in any case, unless you also select the option to disable them.

About the configuration file for Aerosoft EDDT posted in the forum, as the post says, is based on the AFCAD named AF2_EDDT_2009_without_static_airplanes.bgl. Are you using that one ? If no, the .INI file won't be active, and you will either have to create a new file yourself OR, change the name of the AFCAD used in the [General] section of the .INI file.

raam123

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 03:58:52 pm »
Will check and advise!

Thx for the quick replay.  :)

raam123

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:48:02 pm »
Still doesn't work, It say Remember to opreate Jetway but nothing happens when I press CTRL-J...

I'm not using the AF2_EDDT_2009_without_static_airplanes.bgl because it is not dound anywhere...

I'm using the new AF2_EDDT_without_static_airplanes_2013.bgl and I've change it to read the new one in the INI file.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:03:33 pm by raam123 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 03:47:16 pm »
Still doesn't work, It say Remember to opreate Jetway but nothing happens when I press CTRL-J...

I think you haven't read my previous reply carefully enough and, of course, this is explained very clearly in the manual:

GSX doesn't have any jetways, doesn't control them or have any relationship with them

If an airport have fake jetways, GSX won't change that, they will remain static but, you must notify GSX there IS a fake jetway there, because there's no way to detect them automatically.

So, if your airport doesn't come with proper FSX animated jetways (like those from FSDT, Flightbeam, UK2000, all default FSX airports ), GSX won't change this and won't animated them. The ONLY reason to tell GSX there's a FAKE jetway in a specific scenery, is to prevent GSX from calling a Passenger Bus and Front/Mid stairs, nothing more. If the jetway was proper and animated, there wouldn't be such need, because GSX CAN detect animated jetways automatically without any customization.