Author Topic: Annoying esellerate re-activation  (Read 3001 times)

FlyingOger

Annoying esellerate re-activation
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:59:17 pm »
Hi guys,

I have an external eSATA hard drive docking station I use from time to time for playing music, but each time I accidentally leave it on before starting FSX, I get a esellerate error forcing to re-activate my purchased sceneries... to be honest, this really gets on my nerves, and it is the only thing that is different from yesterday's untroublesome session.

External hard drives are so common, couldn't you PLEASE have them excluded from those pesky checks?

Torsten

FlyingOger

Re: Annoying esellerate re-activation
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »
To add insult to injury, the ***-ing web activation times out again and again and again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »
To add insult to injury, the ***-ing web activation times out again and again and again...

We got word just *now* that Esellerate has a server down, the store is down and it's probably affecting the activation servers too, and they are working to restore the service soon.

External hard drives are so common, couldn't you PLEASE have them excluded from those pesky checks?

As explained many times on the forum, we don't do ANY hardware detection, we don't even know how it works exactly or what hardware is being checked, it's done entirely by Esellerate, outside our control.

FlyingOger

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 06:51:03 pm »
Yes, but since you rely on their service, and I am sure you pay for it, you could have them refine it.

Whatever. Hope they get their act together soon, I was supposed to fly to LAX and my virtual pax are getting anxious... ;)

Regards
Torsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »
Yes, but since you rely on their service, and I am sure you pay for it, you could have them refine it.

Esellerate/Digital River has thousands of developers as customers, well outside the small flight sim community, I guess if the hard disk detection was really unreliable, someone would have reported by now...

In fact, the external SATA issue sometimes can affect even FSX ITSELF, see this post on Avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360314-windows7-64bit-and-where-to-install-fsx/?p=2378947

It's possible it's not even an "Esellerate" specific problem, maybe it's a general Windows issue that reports a new hardware id when swapping eSata drives, which affects any of hardware detection made by any software, since FSX surely doesn't use Esellerate for activation checks.

Whatever. Hope they get their act together soon, I was supposed to fly to LAX and my virtual pax are getting anxious... ;)

We surely hope so, since the web store is down too, which means people can't even purchase right now...