Author Topic: fsd airports and jetways  (Read 10883 times)

maca11

fsd airports and jetways
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:00:45 pm »
Dear all, I am using several FSDt airports. I have added also GSX. However, jetways in the airport are not matching the plane...
Is it possible to somehow change parameters so jetways would match well to add-on aircrats ?
many thanks !
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fsd airports and jetways
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:09:19 pm »
Dear all, I am using several FSDt airports. I have added also GSX. However, jetways in the airport are not matching the plane...

First, jetways are entirely separate from GSX. And, they are also controlled by FSX itself, we don't have any control on the animation, we just made the models.

What do you mean with "not matching the plane" ? Are the *entirely* off, or just not perfectly connected ? If they are entirely off, the problem might be your airplane configuration (but in this case, they should work with some airplane). If, instead, they are not perfect, but shows some minor misalignments or wheels sinking into the ground, that's normal, it happens even with default jetways on default airports on default airplanes, and it's nothing we can fix.

maca11

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:27:54 pm »
Many thanks for reply !
I am sorry I did not say this is happening in P3D v2.  In FSX I am using AES, so I do not know if there is a same problem. By add-on plane I meant cs757....
many thanks
JM

maca11

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:38:16 pm »
Hello, so am I assuming right the jetway issues in FSD airports to cs airplanes is only in P3D V2 ? is it working well in FSX ?
many thanks !
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »
Hello, so am I assuming right the jetway issues in FSD airports to cs airplanes is only in P3D V2 ? is it working well in FSX ?

I still haven't entirely understood what do you mean with "jetway issues". There's no specific issue with CS airplanes. As I've said in my previous message, are the *entirely* off, or just not perfectly connected ?

If they are entirely off, the problem might be your airplane configuration (but in this case, they should work with some airplane).

If, instead, they are not perfect, but shows some minor misalignments or wheels sinking into the ground, that's normal, it happens even with default jetways on default airports on default airplanes, and it's nothing we can fix. If THIS is the case, there's no difference between P3D and FSX, just that we can hopefully guess they might be fixed in P3D in a future upgrade, while there's no chance they'll ever be fixed in FSX.

Please, indicate what's the issue: are they *entirely* wrong, or exhibit minor quirks/not perfect matching/sinking wheels ?

maca11

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:53 pm »
Hello,

After parking of the aircraft and start of jetways they are moving but park 'entirely' of the plane (in real terns it would be something like 2 - 3 metres gao between jetway and airplane door. I am using 'standard' cs757 with no changes to configuration....
Anything I can adjust or set-up somewhere ?
many thanks !
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:30 pm »
After parking of the aircraft and start of jetways they are moving but park 'entirely' of the plane (in real terns it would be something like 2 - 3 metres gao between jetway and airplane door

Still not very clear: it's 2-3 meters off in *which* direction ? If it's just too much on the inside, but the height/lateral distance seems to be correct, that's still under what is considered to be normal using the default FSX animated jetways.

If, instead, it's 2-3 meters off in the lateral or height direction, than it means there's something wrong with you airplane configuration, perhaps GSX is not reading the CS757, possibly because you have a new variant which is not recognized yet. You could spot this one easily, if you pay attention how exits are named: if they use generic "Exit 1", etc, names, it means the airplane has NOT being recognized.

maca11

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 07:50:02 pm »
OK, many thanks. I will try to check how doors are named.
Jetway is actually cca 2 metres off the plane horizontaly,  it is on the cca right height from base (similar to doors), but also in totally different place along the planes's fuselage... So in other words only what is OK is height all other 2 dimensions cca 2-3 metres off....
JM

pcubine

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:25:54 pm »
OK, many thanks. I will try to check how doors are named.
Jetway is actually cca 2 metres off the plane horizontaly,  it is on the cca right height from base (similar to doors), but also in totally different place along the planes's fuselage... So in other words only what is OK is height all other 2 dimensions cca 2-3 metres off....
JM

A screenshot of your issue would be helpfull.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

maca11

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:39:36 pm »
Hi, Ok, would do that, just don't know how to do that somehow easily...
regards
JM

Hnla

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 11:27:59 pm »
regards
JM

This is where "Google Search" comes in.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 02:03:36 am »

The V key on your keyboard will create a screenshot in your Pictures\Flight Simulator X files folder. Note that, it will in .BMP format, so it will be a fairly big file. Convert it in .JPG before uploading it, please.

maca11

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 09:14:22 pm »
OK, I am trying to enclose jpg picture. Engines of my cs757 are switched off, doors open. Jetways started to move but finished at this position. I tried to see GSX aircraft configuration and all three coloured axis seem to be at right position just at the bottom of the door....
many thanks for any idea how to fix this !
regards !
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:20 pm »
Jetways started to move but finished at this position. I tried to see GSX aircraft configuration and all three coloured axis seem to be at right position just at the bottom of the door...

GSX doesn't have any relationship with jetways. The thing that controls the jetway attachment point are the exits specified in the [Exits] section of the airplane.cfg

Have you tried a default airplane on the same gate ?

maca11

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:28 pm »
OK, I see... So should I change something in aircraft.cfg ? (there are lines under EXITS header...)
many thanks
JM