Author Topic: Too Many Addon Manager entries!  (Read 3179 times)

ega

Too Many Addon Manager entries!
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:36:29 pm »
I have a bunch of Addon Manager entries in my Add/Remove programs in Windows7 Control Panel (see attached screenshot).

Can I safely remove the older ones?

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

XCLTM3

Re: Too Many Addon Manager entries!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:59:33 pm »
I have a bunch of Addon Manager entries in my Add/Remove programs in Windows7 Control Panel (see attached screenshot).

Can I safely remove the older ones?

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

Good question Edmundo, I have often thought about this also. Let's see what Umberto has to say about this point.
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »

Those leftover entries are likely caused because you either removed some files manually, or you removed the uninstaller (the uninsxxx.exe files in your fsx root) or ran some kind of registry cleaner that messed up with the uninstaller entries.

They do not mean you have multiple Addon Manager installers, only that you have multiple uninstallers keys in the registry so, it's really just a cosmetic issue. To get rid of them, uninstall them ALL, then reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

XCLTM3

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:19 pm »
Thx for the clarification Umberto.

XCLTM3

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 04:08:07 am »
Umberto,

I followed your instructions and uninstalled all the entries using Windows Control Panel > Programs & Features.

However, after reinstalling the latest Stand Alone Add-On Manager, when I press F12 within FSX, the GSX menu no longer appears with my options ie: request boarding, etc?

The Couatl Powered Products menu still appears in the FSX Add-On menu.

Any idea what I should do?

PS: Should I just reinstall GSX completely?

Rgds,

Steve