Author Topic: GSX sound in P3D2  (Read 3253 times)

Gerwil

GSX sound in P3D2
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:13:56 pm »
Hi,

I seem to have an issue with the GSX sound play in P3D2. Initially the sounds played very loud and sounded like doubled (kind of flanger like effect). Lowering the sliders to the lowest level didn´t make a difference. I went into the windows control panel for audio devices and disabled the option for digital sound output, so there is only one audio device left on my computer. Restarted the computer, let P3D build a new cfg and started P3D again. Now comes the interesting part. I started GSX and the sounds were still too loud. Opened Coatl sound control panel and it said: no audiodevice, and volume was on max again. So I choose my audio device (only one listed) and lowered volume, then restarted Coatl. The same happened; doubled wave sounds and no effect from volume slider. For now I think I will choose: no audio device and find another way to lower the volume.

The sounds in other applications and video work well.

Thanks,

Gerrit

EDIT: to add some more information. I choose -no sound device- in GSX sound panel but all stays unchanged, GSX sound are playing. Also the GSX catering Van didn't sound like what's available in the GSX sound folder but more like a Cessna or Baron.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:40:58 pm by Koyaan »

Gerwil

Re: GSX sound in P3D2
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:47 am »
I think I found it. When I let P3D build a new cfg file I forgot about aircraft labels. I noticed that GSX vehicles also had a label, something that I've never seen before. If P3D treats them like AI airplanes then I guess it adds sound to them and explains why they sounded like Cessna's or Barons.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »
Yes, we noticed that, it seems that P3D always add a default sound for every kind of vehicle, we need to find a way to prevent this.

rhpa23

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:20:07 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Any news about this fix?

Thanks,
Aragão