Author Topic: couple of newbie owner questions  (Read 2559 times)

mazelda

couple of newbie owner questions
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:06:48 pm »
Hi all
sorry but a couple of newbie questions
I have just bought my first FSDT products and am slightly confused on the location of the "HOME" folder as I can't seem to find its location also I'm sure I read that CYVR and JFK v2 has GSX installed with it so that I get the park me feature or do I have to install gsx in demo mode ? to receive it.
Another thing I've just thought of which may be in the manual,which I've not read yet but how do I change the graphic quality settings as I think I might be able to push them up a bit as I'm getting better than expected frame rates
thanks for any advice/help
rgds
Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couple of newbie owner questions
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »
I have just bought my first FSDT products and am slightly confused on the location of the "HOME" folder as I can't seem to find its location

That's the folder with your name, the one that contains "My Documents", "My Pictures", etc.

also I'm sure I read that CYVR and JFK v2 has GSX installed with it so that I get the park me feature or do I have to install gsx in demo mode ? to receive it.

ParkMe doesn't exists anymore, it has being integrated in GSX so, you use GSX to get the same features.

Another thing I've just thought of which may be in the manual,which I've not read yet but how do I change the graphic quality settings as I think I might be able to push them up a bit as I'm getting better than expected frame rates

Not sure I understand you: graphic settings that affects scenery quality are the same you always had in FSX. The one that affects our sceneries the most are the global textures size, which should be at Maximum and, for sceneries that have HD textures (KLAX, CYVR and KJFK V2), they must be enabled, but their installer does it for you already.

mazelda

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:41 pm »
Not sure I understand you: graphic settings that affects scenery quality are the same you always had in FSX. The one that affects our sceneries the most are the global textures size, which should be at Maximum and, for sceneries that have HD textures (KLAX, CYVR and KJFK V2), they must be enabled, but their installer does it for you already.

my fault didn't explain very well I was referring to the FSDT textures I bought CYVR and KJFK V2 and when I installed them I went for middle of the road textures 2048,but because I'm getting a steady 30fps a second I was wanting to try with the 4096 textures so I was wondering how I would be able to do it.
Do I have to uninstall and start again or  is there another way? Also if I have to uninstall will this give me registration problems as I only installed the software today
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »
I was wanting to try with the 4096 textures so I was wondering how I would be able to do it.

If you installed it with 2048 textures, you must reinstall it, and be sure 4096 textures are also selected in the Addon Manager.