Author Topic: Problems installing in P3D  (Read 3006 times)

Sammy

Problems installing in P3D
« on: December 01, 2013, 02:21:52 am »
I cannot register CYVR in the addon manager. When I press the register serial button nothing happens. Installed KORD but when I load the scenery I get a blank screen. Am I doing something wrong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems installing in P3D
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »
When I press the register serial button nothing happens.

If the registration dialog disappears, it's usually a fault of another installed product, which is "stealing" the focus for itself, constantly putting its dialog over everything else. This problems are usually caused by online flying products that have their own chat/text window and try to put it on top of other dialog (a very questionable behavior).

The registration dialog hasn't probably disappeared, it has simply being put behind the main simulator screen by those other products

You should be able to check if this is your problem, by pressing CTRL+TAB after seeing the registration dialog "disappear". This should allow you to put it back in front.

If still doesn't work, try to quit from the offending products before registering and/or put the sim into Windowed mode before registering.

Sammy

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:36:46 pm »
I guess I cant try to fix this now because the screen is blank when I load the flight. The sound is fine but a dark screen. Was working fine after install of CYVR but couldnt register. I did try in windowed mode and found nothing behind, that was my first thought, where is the registration screen? I then thought let me install KORD to see if I get the same problem but after that is when I got the dark screen and still have the problem. These are the only install since installation of P3D. My video is direct X11 compatible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:27:27 pm »
I guess I cant try to fix this now because the screen is blank when I load the flight. The sound is fine but a dark screen.

This doesn't have anything to do with any of our sceneries and, it might be a problem with the P3D shader cache. Try to rebuild it by removing the following folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\Shaders

And then start P3D. On the first launch, it will take a while for the scenery to appear, because the sim is rebuilding its shaders so, just wait and it should come up eventually.

Sammy

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:57:41 pm »
Thanks for replies. Deleted the scenery.cfg file and that worked. this is a known issue. Airports are installed and working now.