Author Topic: GSX Help  (Read 3198 times)

zaidsoules

GSX Help
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:48 pm »
Hi guys

so i recently downloaded the GSX trail and installed it. i started up FSX and it keeps giving me an error that has something to do with the Coatl engine. it will say that the engine will need to be restarted and that i must get the latest version on Addon Manager from FSDreamTeam and i did but no luck. Any help?

thanks
Zaid Soules

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Help
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:15:13 pm »
started up FSX and it keeps giving me an error that has something to do with the Coatl engine. it will say that the engine will need to be restarted and that i must get the latest version on Addon Manager from FSDreamTeam and i did but no luck.

The message doesn't say just that. It also says you should check the content of your Couatl.ERR file (pointing you to the actual location on your system) to know more details about the error.

Post that file here, and we can help you understanding what the error is about.

FsxGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:04 am »
I tried to install GSX and i see no addon manager in the Addons section in the menu bar.Can you help?
I also have a question ,does GSX work in Windows 8?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:03:35 pm »
I tried to install GSX and i see no addon manager in the Addons section in the menu bar.Can you help?

You shouldn't post something entirely unrelated in this thread, which specifically asked for an error message (which means the software was running, of course), your problem is entirely different.

Have you been asked permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl modules when you launched FSX the first time after the installation ? If yes, have you replied YES to both modules ?

I also have a question ,does GSX work in Windows 8?

We guaranteed our products to work in Windows 7 only, which means we don't test them in Windows 8 but, we know of several users that use Windows 8, and of course you can try it yourself, since you can download the Trial before purchasing.