Author Topic: T2G Mexico City GSX Issue  (Read 3772 times)

ubersu

T2G Mexico City GSX Issue
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:14 pm »
Hi,

So I'm on the ground at MMMX (elevation 7000+ feet), engine stopped and ignition off.  I press CTL+F12 and get a message that "airport services not available while flying".  I assume this has to do with the airport's altitude - is there a way to configure GSX to get around this?

DJ

ubersu

Re: T2G Mexico City GSX Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:19:29 pm »
Just bumping this up because I'd really like a response as to what might be happening here...

DJ

ubersu

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »
bump again...

DJ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:58:49 pm »
I don't have that scenery but, tried with default MMMX and there are no problems. I didn't expect there should be any, because GSX reads the altitude above ground from FSX; not the altitude about sea level, to check if you are flying or not.

ubersu

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:30:51 pm »
Thanks Umberto...  can a difference between FSX elevation data and AFCAD data cause this do you think?  Given the circumstances (engine off, wheels firmly on the tarmac) there must be a hidden element here.  I've used GSX all over the world with many different airports and not seen this before.

DJ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »
Thanks Umberto...  can a difference between FSX elevation data and AFCAD data cause this do you think?

If there was such problem, you would see something strange, like AI airplanes floating over ground.

But still, GSX doesn't know where the elevation data comes from, it just ask the relevant variable to FSX. In fact, it doesn't even check for an altitude, it ask FSX if the "SIM ON GROUND" variable is set so, it's the 100% official and correct way to know if your are flying or not.

ubersu

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 12:26:00 am »
Thanks Umberto - this is an odd one for sure...

DJ