Author Topic: Passengers Boarding Freighters?  (Read 4116 times)

E6BAV8R

Passengers Boarding Freighters?
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »
I recently purchased GSX and on my first flight utilizing it I was flying the PMDG 777F.  I had no issues with getting the actual services themselves to work properly but I noticed that, while flying the Freighter version, “boarding passengers and baggage” was still the only selection (as opposed to “load cargo”).  Therefore, after selecting this option, the cargo loaders appeared and were working correctly.   However, the passenger bus appeared and all of the passenger boarding sounds were playing while passengers boarded.

Certainly it isn’t correct that a passenger bus and passenger boarding sounds are supposed to appear/play when the user aircraft is a Freighter variant?  GSX can obviously tell the difference between the two by the different usage of cargo or baggage loaders, so I am confused as to why passengers were boarding.

I presume the easiest way to fix this is to rename/remove the passenger boarding sound files but I am wondering if this a bug?  I fly a vast majority Freighters and I don’t want passengers boarding the aircraft every time I want to load cargo into a Freighter.  They'll be even more mad than I when they realize there are no seats for them on a 10 hour flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers Boarding Freighters?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:02 pm »
I presume the easiest way to fix this is to rename/remove the passenger boarding sound files but I am wondering if this a bug?  

This has been discussed already on the forum and no, it's not a bug, it's just that GSX right now doesn't recognize a cargo airplane as such.

It now has cargo loaders (the new main deck loaders has been added recently) that can reach most of the cargo airplanes out there, and it now supports loading from the left side (it didn't had it before), but that's it.

We are thinking about a possible future new product, based on GSX, to expand into cargo operations, but it's still something in the planning stage.

E6BAV8R

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:07:48 am »
I presume the easiest way to fix this is to rename/remove the passenger boarding sound files but I am wondering if this a bug?  

This has been discussed already on the forum and no, it's not a bug, it's just that GSX right now doesn't recognize a cargo airplane as such.

It now has cargo loaders (the new main deck loaders has been added recently) that can reach most of the cargo airplanes out there, and it now supports loading from the left side (it didn't had it before), but that's it.

We are thinking about a possible future new product, based on GSX, to expand into cargo operations, but it's still something in the planning stage.

So what would you suggest - renaming/removing the passenger boarding sound files from the directory when I am doing a Freighter flight?  I also believe you can choose to remove the Passenger Bus in the "parking spot customization"? 

I think GSX is just fine for cargo - it just needs to be able to detect the difference between when the flight is a Freighter or Passenger variant (and adjust accordingly).  For example, if the Upper Deck Cargo Loader is being used than the software could make the assumption it is a Freighter flight and not use the Pax Bus or play the Pax sounds.

flo1981

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »
I wish that GSX will recognize cargo aircraft too!