Author Topic: Can not start GSX up at a gate  (Read 6573 times)

cuevision

Can not start GSX up at a gate
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:41:21 pm »
Hi

I can not get it run:

When the plane is at a random gate at a random airport and is ready to start up, I can not get GSX starting up in order to get the passengers and their luggages into the plane. I had GSX installed before and this was never a problem. The only way to get it starting up is, when I park the plane at a Runway. Than the GSX screen starts up with options to get to parkings.

I have read several posts about this, like setting up the firewall (I have tried it without a firewall), reinstall it more than 3 times and more ideas, but still no changes.

Hope anyone can help me in getting it work as it should.

Thanks very much and regards,
Ed

cuevision

Re: Can not start GSX up at a gate
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:48:49 am »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:23 am »
I have read several posts about this, like setting up the firewall (I have tried it without a firewall), reinstall it more than 3 times and more ideas, but still no changes.

Your issue doesn't have anything to do with firewall, antivirus, etc. If this was the problem, they would block the correct installation, and nothing would work.

Since you said it works normally from the runway, it means GSX is running normally, and your problem doesn't have anything to do with it.

It's not very clear what do you mean with GSX "not starting up". Does it mean you don't see any menu when you press its Hotkey (IF Parked), or you still see the same menu you see from the runway ?

If you don't see any menu, check if you still have the Couatl menu under the FSX Addons bar, and the GSX Settings menu under it.

cuevision

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:41:50 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I mean that I can not start up the menu when parked. I can only start it up when I park the plane onto the Runway, asking me where to park and / or if I want to make use of a follow me car.

As I said in the other post; at the time I bought this program it worked without any problems. Hitting the butto related to the menu always worked fine.

Thanks,
Ed

ps Couatl menu under the FSX Addons bar, and the GSX Settings are present!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:37:55 pm by cuevision »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 09:47:16 pm »
ps Couatl menu under the FSX Addons bar, and the GSX Settings are present!

Are both still there even after you pressed the CTRL+F12 key ? If yes, that would exclude a crash due to a wrong airplane configuration, it's possible you have another add-on installed that uses the same key, which becomes operative only when you are parked at the gate ?

In any case, try to Reset the airplane configuration using the GSX Airplane configuration editor, in order to restore the configuration that comes with GSX.

cuevision

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:26:51 pm »
Hi,

Please let me tell what I see when I go to Add/ons±

Couatl/powered prducts -
                                  Check live update
                                  restart Couatl
                                  GSX Settings
                                  GSX Customize aircraft
                                  GSX Customize airport positions

When I go to the Key mappings I can see this±

GSX
Show GSX Menu by-passing YouControl M - I have tried several keys to avoid conflict
global
Show YouControl Menu CTRL+F12
ParkMe aint visible

Whatever I try, no changes in parking position

I have reset the plane and reset the keys. I only get the window when I click ´Check Live update´

Any ideas please.

regards
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:33:14 pm »
Please let me tell what I see when I go to Add/ons

As I've asked in my previous message: are you STILL seeing all menus even AFTER you pressed CTRL+F12 at a parking and verified it doesn't do anything ? The reason why I asked this, is to be sure that GSX hasn't crashed when you are parked, which MIGHT indicate a problem with the airplane configuration.

Show GSX Menu by-passing YouControl M - I have tried several keys to avoid conflict

You should try the default key first, which is CTRL+Shift+F12. However, this should affect the other GSX key, which is the CTRL+F12

Your problem is not GSX, if you have another add-on that use CTRL+F12 but is activating its usage ONLY at the parking, you should find other free keys, assuming this other add-on can't redefine its own keys. I believe there's an online flying client that uses CTRL+F12 by default.

This is the most likely explanation with your described behavior, because everything in GSX seems to be working normally, if it wasn't working for some reason, you wouldn't see any of its menus.

cuevision

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 10:53:34 pm »
Hi,

Its not clear what you mean with menus. You mean a screen is popping up. If you mean this, no menus are visible. I have reset all keys to default. And hitting these combinations, does not respond in showing the window. I have also reset the plane which is recognized ok.

There are no other add ons that could conflict.

Thanks,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:19 pm »
Its not clear what you mean with menus.

You wrote this:

Couatl menu under the FSX Addons bar, and the GSX Settings are present!

And I've replied with:

Are both still there even after you pressed the CTRL+F12 key ?

Which means I was referring to the menus under the FSX Addons bar, which is what I've asked. I've repeated the question because it wasn't clear from your message about them being visible, if there were STILL visible AFTER pressing CTRL+F12 at a gate, that's why I've asked twice, because it makes a big difference.

cuevision

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:39 pm »
Couatl menu under the FSX Addons bar, and the GSX Settings are present!

This is ok they are visible as I wrote earlier

Couatl/powered products -
                                  Check live update
                                  restart Couatl
                                  GSX Settings
                                  GSX Customize aircraft
                                  GSX Customize airport positions

What can I do now please.

regards,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »
Couatl menu under the FSX Addons bar, and the GSX Settings are present!. This is ok they are visible as I wrote earlier

But you haven't said if there were STILL visible AFTER you pressed CTRL+F12 at a parking and realizing that nothing happens, which is why I've asked it explicitly.

Assuming this is the case and they are still visible after pressing the GSX key at a parking, this only leaves one explanation:

- There's nothing wrong with GSX, which is working normally and it hasn't crashed, and the problem is caused by another add-on that is stealing its key and, for some reason, it does it only when you are parked.

Since you modified the GSX keymapping, I'd start with reverting to the default configuration, which is done by removing the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Keymapping.INI file.

cuevision

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 11:52:58 pm »
Hi,

For some reason, the messages were not present, which can be set at GSX settings-User interface. The slider was set to left. As soon as I set it to the right, I got messages that the parking place was to small and de parking brake was not set. How this can be set, I do not know. Even after a complete reinstall it seems this was not set to default again. Perhaps during trying out everything it could be set up wrong.

However, thanks for your patience and making all efforts in helping this solving! I also understand its very difficult to helping solve anything from a distance.

Have a nice evening, thanks and regards,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »
For some reason, the messages were not present, which can be set at GSX settings-User interface. The slider was set to left.

Ok, that's explains it, you might have moved it at some stage.

We had some doubts allowing users to entirely turn off all messages, because I think that error message should always visible but, when explaining our view, most users wanted fully control of everything and being able to turn off every message.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:18:34 pm by virtuali »

cuevision

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
Hello Umberto

I understand about these doubts. Its a pitty that this (simple mistake) causes such a time to find out. If I have moved these sliders, I do not know why. I think I was just experimenting. And as I said, it had always worked out fine, which in fact did all the time.

Again thanks for your patience and regards,
Ed