Author Topic: Activation at Portland (KPWM), Maine  (Read 8317 times)

ofentress

Activation at Portland (KPWM), Maine
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »
For some reason, when using the PMDG 777 at this airport, when I try to activate GSX the menu disappears and nothing happens.  All of my other airports work perfectly with all of my aircraft so this seems to be a "one off" thing. I reconfigured the aircraft to AES standards but the same thing happened.

Anyone have any idea for a solution?

Jack Fentress

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activation at Portland (KPWM), Maine
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »
Enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, and post your Couatl.LOG file, after trying to do the same operation at that airport.

ofentress

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:59:18 pm »
Umberto.........
OK. Will do.
...... and thank you for the quick response.

Jack

ofentress

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:44:28 pm »
Umberto.......
After I've browsed and found the file, I highlight it and then see it next to the browse box but I don't see any way to attach it to the message.

Jack

ofentress

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:21:13 pm »
Aha! I see it attaches automatically. 

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:22:15 am »
I've asked for your Couatl.LOG file. The scenery customization file might be useful to check, but after checking the Couatl.LOG file first.

ofentress

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 03:03:29 pm »
Umberto.........
I tried again this morning with the same results. Couatl had completely disappeared from my addon section after a selection was made.

I then moved to another airport and things worked perfectly.

I tried to attach the log, but an error message said that type of file could not be attached, only those listed.

Send via e-mail?

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »
I tried again this morning with the same results. Couatl had completely disappeared from my addon section after a selection was made.

What selection ?

I tried to attach the log, but an error message said that type of file could not be attached, only those listed.

ZIP it.

ofentress

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 12:26:04 am »
Umberto..........
Zip it? 

Jack

Dominato83

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 04:27:16 am »
Put the file in a zipped folder and upload it

ofentress

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 03:33:08 pm »
Let's try this.

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »
You are still using an old version of the program ( you have Couatl build 2348, the current one is 2356), which results in some of your sceneries not be read because of a problem with your scenery.cfg paths that is now handled in the most current versions of the program.

Run the GSX installer or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer again to update everything, then report back if the error happens again.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:52:12 pm by virtuali »

ofentress

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 07:37:14 pm »
Umberto..........
Downloaded the latest add on manager with Firewall and virus managers turned off.  Installed, tried the 777 at Portland again with the same results. Nothing and Couatl disappearing from my addons modules area. Checked Couatl log and the info say it's v2.0 - build 2356. I updated Couatl while in FSX and it indicated that the update made things current. So, I tried one more time.
Same problem(s).

Jack

ofentress

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 07:40:13 pm »
Umberto........
One other thing.  I retrieved my original order numbers and registration numbers but never could find an area from which to download the GSX installer.  Then, am I correct in thinking that with the current Addon Manager, the GSX installer in in that download?

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »
Installed, tried the 777 at Portland again with the same results. Nothing and Couatl disappearing from my addons modules area. Checked Couatl log and the info say it's v2.0 - build 2356.

I never said this would surely fix your problem. But one should always use the most current version, in order to start Troubleshooting in the correct way (it gets really confusing supporting someone without the latest set of files)

Your problem might be related to the airplane configuration, I see you used a custom config for the PMDG 737, which is not needed because that airplane is already fully supported by GSX so, if you made some kind of error editing it, it might cause unexpected problems, in case of the 777, if you made/downloaded a config before it support for it was added in GSX, your existing configuration might be using wrong data.

In both case, you should use the Reset option in the GSX Airplane configuration editor, to return to the configuration that comes with GSX. Try that and report back.