Author Topic: Disable moving traffic  (Read 4899 times)

MrSpeaker

Disable moving traffic
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:23:50 am »
Hey guys is there away to disable the moving airport vehicles from my fsdt airports, its nice and all but just  not my cup of tea. :)
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disable moving traffic
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:07:00 am »
The Addon Manager has an option for that. That controls only vehicles that are created by the scenery. Other moving vehicles are controlled by the normal FSX Ground traffic slider.

MrSpeaker

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:32 pm »
oh cool didn't know that, thanks very much
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

MrSpeaker

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 07:30:44 am »
The Addon Manager has an option for that. That controls only vehicles that are created by the scenery. Other moving vehicles are controlled by the normal FSX Ground traffic slider.

Can't  seem to get it to work, open up the addon manager and untick the box that says ground traffic, then save to fsx, restart fsx and go to klax and there is still all the ground traffic, open up the addon manager and the box is ticked again, its  not saving for some reason.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:41:37 pm »
The setting doesn't need an FSX restart so, regardless if there's a problem with saving it, you should see the effect as soon as you change it. Note that setting will only control dynamic ground vehicles created by the scenery itself, default ground vehicles created by FSX will be controlled by the Ground traffic slider in FSX.

About your problem with saving, I've checked it and it correctly saves the setting so, it's possible that some other program in your system is keep the FSX.CFG open for writing, which will prevent the Addon Manager to save that setting.

MrSpeaker

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 04:56:00 pm »
The setting doesn't need an FSX restart so, regardless if there's a problem with saving it, you should see the effect as soon as you change it. Note that setting will only control dynamic ground vehicles created by the scenery itself, default ground vehicles created by FSX will be controlled by the Ground traffic slider in FSX.

About your problem with saving, I've checked it and it correctly saves the setting so, it's possible that some other program in your system is keep the FSX.CFG open for writing, which will prevent the Addon Manager to save that setting.

Just to confirm, i do have the default fsx airport vehicles set to 0, after unticking the box there is a prompt saying to restart fsx for settings to take place, are you seeing this? Not sure what programs could be effecting it, i have ut2, and opus fsx running at the time.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

MrSpeaker

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 05:11:48 pm »
OK i got it to work, you just untick the box and exit, you dont have to press the save to fsx button right? however  the next time i start fsx the box is ticked again, so do i have to do this everytime?
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

Hnla

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »
Make sure when you un-tick that setting, When you CLOSE fsx, that you "End your flight" First, so I goes back to the main screen, THEN exit. For some reason settings won't save if you simply click "exit".

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »
OK i got it to work, you just untick the box and exit, you dont have to press the save to fsx button right? however  the next time i start fsx the box is ticked again, so do i have to do this everytime?

If you don't press the Save button, the setting will work in the current session, but it won't be saved for the next one so, what you are describing it's exactly how is supposed to work.

I can confirm the settings ARE correctly saved in the FSX.CFG. However, note that if FSX doesn't exit cleanly (for example due to a crash) any settings saved to the FSX.CFG will be lost in any case.