Author Topic: Issues with Caterers  (Read 8262 times)

mdrinkle

Issues with Caterers
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:10:36 am »
I have lately been having an issue with the Catering trucks not leaving completely. They have disappeared from view, but the menu says that "Catering Vehicles leaving". This never goes away and therefore unable to board passengers unless I bring I reset. Has anyone had the same issue? The only similarities are that it is SimmersSky/Overland aircraft?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues with Caterers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:05:28 am »
Does it happen with other airplanes ?

mdrinkle

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:04:57 am »
I found out it does, I checked it out with the default jets and had the same problem? Also happens at all airports default and payware?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:12:02 pm »
Try to be sure you have everything updated. If not sure, it's probably easier to just download the GSX Full installer, and install it. No need to Uninstall anything.

mdrinkle

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:46:29 am »
OK I will try that again and see what happens. Thanks

mdrinkle

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 04:54:49 am »
Ok still having same issue and even tried un-installing GSX and re-installing GSX.

mdrinkle

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 06:01:44 am »
Ok no worries it is the plane not the airport. Unfortunately the aircraft I am using is not one of your supported aircraft so not sure what to do. These are the payware Simmers Sky/Overland aircraft the A319, A320, and A321.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:09 am »
Ok no worries it is the plane not the airport. Unfortunately the aircraft I am using is not one of your supported aircraft so not sure what to do.

You must check again your airplane configuration. Be sure all the doors are properly set.

mdrinkle

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 06:02:00 am »
These doors do not open with a keyboard button, they have a special door control gauge section that gets me to push the "Door Button".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 10:27:41 am »
These doors do not open with a keyboard button, they have a special door control gauge section that gets me to push the "Door Button".

How you open doors doesn't make any difference to GSX, it doesn't check key presses, it only checks the internal FSX simulation variable that holds the doors status, which will of course change if the door is open/closed, regardless how you do it.

So, in order to properly configure an unsupported airplane, you must figure out how the developer mapped the FSX door variables and tell GSX. If they used the official FSX variables, they are fairly easy to figure out (there are only 4 of them), it might be more difficult, but still doable if the developers used custom L: variables, in this case you'll have to write an XML expression to check a custom variable. This is explained in the GSX manual, Pages 28-29

mdrinkle

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 10:20:57 pm »
Ok I have double checked all my settings best that I knew how and all seems to be right. When I send for the caterers they will show up and do they're job and they will leave. However when they leave I cannot perform any other tasks with GSX without resetting GSX because the Catering menu option reads "Catering Vehicles are on their way". I have tried looking at the door settings and was not sure what I was looking for, the .MDL folder was all mumble jumble.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 11:13:38 am »
Could you please indicate exactly which airport you used and which gate you were located ? If it's not a default scenery, clearly indicate the scenery and, if possible, indicate a reproduction case on a default airport.

mdrinkle

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 04:15:14 am »
I was at the default CYYZ airport at gate A 164 and I tried to use the SMS Airbus A319, SMS Airbus A320, and the SMS Airbus A321. Had the issue with all 3 aircraft. Then moved to default gate 122 and same 3 aircraft. So I then went back to A 164 and used default Airbus A321 and no issues, then switched to gate 122 with default Airbus A321 and no issues there as well. Hopefully this helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 06:29:12 am »
So I then went back to A 164 and used default Airbus A321 and no issues, then switched to gate 122 with default Airbus A321 and no issues there as well.

Yes, that's clearly indicates the problem is not GSX, but the airplane configuration you made (or downloaded) for those unsupported airplanes. Check the door's height to be correct. Do you see a minivan instead of a caterer on one of the doors ?

mdrinkle

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 01:22:28 am »
It brings a minivan and a truck, but there is only one service door. The other door is set to "No Door".