Author Topic: FSDT reactivation  (Read 2697 times)

mulgrave

FSDT reactivation
« on: November 03, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »
Hi

Today when starting FSX I had to reactivate all FSDT products before FSX opening main display. It said due to a change of hardware need to reactivate.
I did not change any hardware. It was not a problem reactivating but it means a lost one reactivation for all my FSDT products in case I needed to reactivate in the future.

Rgds

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT reactivation
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:52:05 pm »
As explained several times on the forum, even if you haven't personally changed hardware, it's possible that some operations like updating drivers or flashing bios might appear AS IF you changed hardware. Just to make it clear, we don't do ANY hardware detection. Some of your drivers reported a different hardware id to Windows. Windows reported a new hardware id to the Esellerate engine, and our program simply trusted that this was the case.

But the system (not our system, but Esellerate's combination of the software+servers) IS able to recognize if it was really a new hardware or if it was just an update so, it's not always sure you "consumed" an activation.

But even if an activation was consumed, this wouldn't be a problem anyway because, there are 6 available exactly for this reason: sometimes there might be hardware changes detected with no apparent reason, but due to driver quirks/issues. And of course, don't forget that, even if you HAVE consumed all your 6 activations, a new one will be granted anyway if the last one was obtained more than 90 days earlier.

And, when you ARE planning an hardware update, it's best you always use the Deactivate function of the Addon Manager, to reclaim an activation. Ideally, if you always use the Deactivate function, your used activations count would always be 1, and you could do unlimited hardware changes. The 5 extra activations should be considered just as a safety against drivers quirks/issues that caused hardware change detections.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:49:40 am by virtuali »

mulgrave

Re: FSDT reactivation
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 12:18:40 am »
Hi

Thanks for the clarification.

Rgds