Author Topic: Windows 8.1  (Read 3538 times)

phanf4

Windows 8.1
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:06:43 pm »
First, I know the program says windows 7 compatible. (It was working in windows8)

I tried installing GSX to ensure I have the latest update.  I get the first popup to install in P3d (which I have). I select NO to install in FSX and the install program just shuts down.  If I say yes the installer Installs into P3D correctly and GSX works fine.  To test I also tried to install the latest Addon Manager.  The same thing also occurs.  I can load it into P3D just fine but the program also just shuts down when I select NO to P3D install.

Just to test some more on my system, I downloaded the latest orbx Libraries and the installer automatically found the FSX program and installed with no problem so I think my registry entries are fine.

So far All (GSX and Airports) are working fine with no problems in FSX including all Addon menus in FSX are working. (Current setup is good).  That being said if an update comes along or new airport, I will not be able to install with the current situation.  I am scared to UNINSTALL anything at this time because I don't think I can get it back.

System Windows 8.1
Anti Virus = AVG (Yes it was all turned off when downloading and installing) P3D GSX install worked.

Thanks
Thomas Jones

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:18:33 pm »
Try to log the installation, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

phanf4

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »
Log sent by email per your request.

Thanks

Tom Jones

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:38:39 pm »
Clear the browser cache and download the installer again.

phanf4

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:59 pm »
Yes that worked this time.

Funny I cleared the browser cache twice before and redownloaded and it did not work.
Let me know if you did anything or was I just dumb in clearing the cache.

Whatever it worked thank so much for the excellent support.

Tom Jones