Author Topic: Passengers - Boarding & Unboarding  (Read 9735 times)

winky

Passengers - Boarding & Unboarding
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:28:00 pm »
Hi all,
This is so an amazing add-on that I could not resit from buying it (well, it's related airports too!!)
I was wondering why Passengers animations are not handled, wile almost all other animations are covered.
It should look so nice and real; immagine passengers filling or outfilling the plane, via stairs & buses or via Jetway, visibly populating or umpopulating the airplane.

Should this dream never come to 'real'?

Thank you for your great Work

Happy Easter.

Andrea
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:31:11 pm by winky »
Andrea

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Passengers - Boarding & Unboarding
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »
..immagine passengers filling or outfilling the plane, via stairs & buses or via Jetway, visibly populating or umpopulating the airplane.

Now imagine your frames dropping into the single digits because of too much animation.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

DrumsArt

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »
May be no need to have hundred passengers... Some could symbolize the boarding/deboarding !?

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

fls

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »
Simple I hope make an option visible passenge on starways or not. Same with buses filling or not. Would not make any since for jetways unless the jetways were glass looking  which then GSX would need to take control of jetways.

Frank

LOOK FORWARD TO ANY ADDON TO THIS PROGRAM JUST AS LONG WE HAVE OPIONS TO TURN THEM EITHER OFF OR ON.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:47:58 pm »
Doing an *option* to enable/disable passengers it blatantly simple: it's doing passengers that is hard so, first let's try to get passengers first, then we'll discuss how to turn them off...

winky

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 12:30:46 am »
Ty Umberto.
Your words make me happy as they let understand 'passengers' could be in the future a nice GSX plus.

@Bruce, many older/outdated systems could feel unconfortable and result could be low FPS, but as usual 'Virtue stands in the middle'. ;)
AS Richard (ty) has noted, is not a must that thousand passengers will crowd the stairs, I'm sure that the right answer is : Pls Umberto add passengers to GSX and let users select on/increase/decrease/off options.

ty to all you guys
Grazie Umbè
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:40:16 am by winky »
Andrea

fls

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
I agree lets get the passengers working first. Then the  option of ON OR OFF visual. Also agree with the slower machinces remark, but now that we know what flight [bad word I know] IS all about. We should ugrade our machine to enjoy this wonderful program if it needs be. All the great airports will run better also. Just work on making FSX GSX FDST AND OTHER QUALITY ADDONS THE BEST THEY CAN BE. I will say for a fact every addon I buy makes this program better and every cpu and video card and memory  I add makes everything work better.

Frank

PROUD SUPPORTED OF FSDT WILL DO THE BEST I CAN TO KEEP IT ALIVE FOR OUR WONDERFUL HOBBY!!!!

jakecreates

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:31 pm »
This certainly sounds like a great feature, it would be awesome seeing the passengers!

studentpilot55

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:51:42 pm »
+1
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB

Intridia

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 07:20:13 am »
Yes please.  I have been waiting for Passengers to load as well.  Who cares about fps when your parked at a gate.. Your not moving and hopefully you have a good video card and system. The passengers could be dev to have dynamic shape models, going more or less complex with the GSX settings to keep the fps normal. Maybe fsdt could chime in and let us know if this is possible?.   Oh.. and what about having the captain and FO do the walk around the plane for checks? Would make it feel real with either thing going on as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 09:15:28 am »
Who cares about fps when your parked at a gate.. Your not moving and hopefully you have a good video card and system.

We are more worried about memory usage rather than just fps right now. The availability of so much add-ons in the last 2 years, has decreased a lot the available memory space and increased the risk of OOMs.

Hopefully, future versions of Prepar3D will move to 64 bit, and this will probably be the key to a sustainable future growth for applications.

johndrago

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:58:43 pm »
Who cares about fps when your parked at a gate.. Your not moving and hopefully you have a good video card and system.

We are more worried about memory usage rather than just fps right now. The availability of so much add-ons in the last 2 years, has decreased a lot the available memory space and increased the risk of OOMs.

Hopefully, future versions of Prepar3D will move to 64 bit, and this will probably be the key to a sustainable future growth for applications.

I say don't add something that we know will take away from the already limited VAS.  People will love the passengers, but start complaining that they are getting OOMs at their destination, or sooner.  Not worth the risk for something we as "pilots" don't see from the cockpit anyway.  We are our own worst enemies when it comes to stuff like this.  Add more and more, but then we can't complete a flight due to crashes, OOM, etc.   This memory limitation affects all of us equally.

GSX is an excellent add-on that has been able add excellent simulation at the airport.  It's balanced, and does exactly what it's supposed to do.  Let's not tempt fate and make it worse.

Just my opinion.

John

Hnla

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 06:10:39 pm »
I say don't add something that we know will take away from the already limited VAS.  People will love the passengers, but start complaining that they are getting OOMs at their destination, or sooner.  Not worth the risk for something we as "pilots" don't see from the cockpit anyway.  We are our own worst enemies when it comes to stuff like this.  Add more and more, but then we can't complete a flight due to crashes, OOM, etc.   This memory limitation affects all of us equally.

GSX is an excellent add-on that has been able add excellent simulation at the airport.  It's balanced, and does exactly what it's supposed to do.  Let's not tempt fate and make it worse.

Just my opinion.

John

Well, lets say FSDT did implement passengers, the VAS space used for the passenger's that would most likely cause an OOM, would be AFTER you have already landed, and taxied to your gate.(Or near it) You call for GSX after you land, so it wouldn't really be such a huge deal, lets day, compared to an oom on approach.

That said of coarse, if GSX passengers REALLY was the add-on that pushed you over the 4GB limit..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:15:18 pm by Hnla »