Author Topic: GSX & Fly Tampa TNCM Update  (Read 6591 times)

miata54

GSX & Fly Tampa TNCM Update
« on: October 19, 2013, 03:11:54 pm »
Just installed the updated Fly Tampa TNCM Complete v1.5 and attempted to configure GSX to Gate A4 as shown in the FT update which has a new model terminal with four physical gates, A1 to A4. In the FT AFCAD, they do not use the normal configuration for gate assignments, such as Gate Small, Medium of Heavy to prevent default service vehicles from appearing and interfering with their scenery. Instead they assign it as Gate A1,A2,A3,A4 Ramp Mil Cargo.

When trying to configure GSX to any of the FT AFCAD gate assignments, GSX only lists Gate G, Gate P and Parking. When warping to any of these, none of them put the aircraft at any of the FT gates, A1 to A4. What GSX lists as "Gates", is actually parking someplace on the apron. Is there a solution to this so that I can place an aircraft at any of the FT gates A1-A4 and configure the GSX vehicles to those gates?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:05:13 pm by miata54 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & Fly Tampa TNCM Update
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »
I don't think this has anything to do with how the Flytampa AFCAD is made.

It's likely, instead, that GSX is not reading the correct AFCAD. You can check which AFACD is in use by GSX with the "Customize parking positions" option. The scenery edit dialog will show the name of the AFCAD in use.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 06:06:47 pm »
Yes Umberto, for some reason, GSX is not reading the FT TNCM AFCAD. Puzzled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:29:53 pm »
Yes Umberto, for some reason, GSX is not reading the FT TNCM AFCAD. Puzzled.

You can enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page, and let GSX generate a Couatl.LOG file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder at the next FSX restart. This might give some hint why the AFCAD in use is not the correct one.

miata54

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 09:13:21 pm »
Here is the error log readout:

couatl v2.0 (build 2354)
panic log started on Sat Oct 19 14:55:50 2013

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonSimConnect exception: <unknown error>

I applied the update by AES (which I use only for the jetways) for FT TNCM v1.5. With or without this update from AES, GSX is still not reading the FT AFCAD. Of interest, GSX did read the FT TNCM AFCAD when I was using the FT TNCM v1 edition. Any thoughts?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: May have found an answer to this. This is from the FT Forum.

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6391

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further update:

As suggested in the FT post, I changed the FT AFCAD for Gate 4 to both Ramp GA Large and then Gate Heavy and GSX still did not recognize the FT AFCAD.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:36:36 pm by miata54 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:44 am »
As suggested in the FT post, I changed the FT AFCAD for Gate 4 to both Ramp GA Large and then Gate Heavy and GSX still did not recognize the FT AFCAD.

That suggestion doesn't have anything to do with this issue, we also flag lots of parkings as Ramp GA to get rid of default FSX ground vehicles in our sceneries, it's a known method, and GSX works normally with it so, the problem must be something else.

Are you sure it did work with the previous AFCAD from FlyTampa ? Can you send me just the new AFCAD by email ?

miata54

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 03:17:28 am »
Sent you an e-mail.