Author Topic: Majestic Q400 and GSX push back issue  (Read 5237 times)

yimi

Majestic Q400 and GSX push back issue
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:51:33 am »
The pushback feature is all screwed up when I try to use GSX with the Q400. After push is complete my plane turns 90 degrees and is not even facing the tug at all. I have attached a screenshot. I get the green message bar saying that push is complete and to set my parking brake. This happens every single time I try to use the GSX pushback feature with the Q400.

It seems that this plane has given me the most problems out of all the add on aircraft I own. Nothing in GSX seems to work correctly with the Q400 (baggage loading, catering vehicles, pushback)...you name it...nothing in GSX works for me. I have the most recent GSX installer installed about 2 weeks ago and I've done all the updates with Couatl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Majestic Q400 and GSX push back issue
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 09:05:18 am »
Nothing in GSX seems to work correctly with the Q400 (baggage loading, catering vehicles, pushback)...you name it...nothing in GSX works for me. I have the most recent GSX installer installed about 2 weeks ago and I've done all the updates with Couatl.

You got it backwards: it's not that GSX is "not working" with the Q400. It's the Q400 that doesn't work with GSX.

The issue is, that airplane is fairly unique because it has its own custom flight model so, it doesn't react in the same way as a standard FSX airplane would because of this.

The issue with pushback is that the Q400 continue to update its flight model while being pushed by GSX. After the Q400 was released, we added a variable the airplane could read that indicates if GSX is pushing so, the Q400 should freeze its flight model as long as that variable is True and this should fix any problems in the pushback.

We made this change in May:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8698.msg70580#msg70580

So it was up to Q400 developers to update their code to make use of that variable. They know about the issue, and promised an update:

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/542/gsx-and-q400/p1

yimi

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:06:10 am »
Thanks for the reply Umberto. It doesn't look like Majestic has updated their model yet. Not sure what to do now. Guess I have to wait until they release an update.

I have one more issue with GSX, when choosing a parking spot and I select the "warp me" option GSX proceeds to park me in a spot that's not even close to what I requested. It always put me in a random spot at the airport. Sometimes in the middle of taxiway. Or it'll park me at a gate in a weird angle.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 10:13:29 am »
I have one more issue with GSX, when choosing a parking spot and I select the "warp me" option GSX proceeds to park me in a spot that's not even close to what I requested. It always put me in a random spot at the airport. Sometimes in the middle of taxiway. Or it'll park me at a gate in a weird angle.

That's not a GSX problem either. GSX only reads the AFCAD in use and correctly position the airplane according to the info found in the AFCAD. If you have a conflicting AFCAD, all positions will be wrong but of course not just in GSX, even AI will have issues.

Be sure you don't have any duplicates/conflicting AFCADs for your airport with the free FSX Airport Scanner program.

You can also check what AFCAD GSX is using, by opening the Customizing parking positions menu under the Couatl menu.