Author Topic: bglmanx.dll  (Read 13093 times)

Sebastian Gosch

bglmanx.dll
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:15:29 pm »
Hello guys!

I'm currently having a BIG problem with all of the FSDT product I've bought.
Every time I'm installing one of your products, my FSX crashes on startup.

I could already find the faulting file which is the "bglmanx.dll".

Running Windows 7, 64 bit, had P3D installed before FSX, where all FSDT products were working great.
As of now I do only have FSX on my machine which as described, seems to struggle running your bglmanx.dll

I already read a lot about it, and there is a bunch of people having issues with it, so I've tried more or less every method you described to solve the problem,
Un- and reinstalled the correct C++ 2005 Runtimes, running FSX as an admin without any compatibility mode checked.
My Antivirus was deactivated at the the time of my Download and install, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Actually my FSX is starting up, but when the "free flight" screen comes up, I just see the preview of my aircraft, which is not turning (as it usually does), and after around 10
seconds the Sim crashes with the following report in the Eventlog:

fsx.exe
   46fadb14
   bglmanx.dll
   c0000005
   0000354b
   01cec5dfeec211e5
   P:\FlightSim\fsx.exe
   P:\FlightSim\bglmanx.dll
   471df765-31d3-11e3-833f-74d02b273b77

-----

I really need your help!

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »
- Uninstall any one FSDT scenery. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". This is important.

- Restart Windows (DO IT)

- Reinstall the scenery.

- Pay attention that you are being asked permission to run the Addon Manager module when you start FSX again. Allow the module to run.

Sebastian Gosch

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:21:37 pm »
- Uninstall any one FSDT scenery. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". This is important.

- Restart Windows (DO IT)

- Reinstall the scenery.

- Pay attention that you are being asked permission to run the Addon Manager module when you start FSX again. Allow the module to run.

Thanks, I did every Point you have mentioned, but that doesnt seem to work, I`m not being asked whether I allow the AM to run or not, FSX simply crashes.

I'm wondering, why there`s no popup coming up regarding the Addon Manager...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:29:14 am »
I`m not being asked whether I allow the AM to run or not, FSX simply crashes.

That's the crucial point. If you are not being asked to re-trust the module, it's because you have skipped this step, which I labeled as important:

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

Replying YES to that question will make FSX to forget you trusted the module so, it will ask again when reinstalled.

It's possible you did something in the trusted publisher. To undo this, do the following:

Go in the Windows Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted).

Then, repeat the above Uninstall/Reinstall

Sebastian Gosch

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:40:20 am »
I`m not being asked whether I allow the AM to run or not, FSX simply crashes.

That's the crucial point. If you are not being asked to re-trust the module, it's because you have skipped this step, which I labeled as important:

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

Replying YES to that question will make FSX to forget you trusted the module so, it will ask again when reinstalled.

It's possible you did something in the trusted publisher. To undo this, do the following:

Go in the Windows Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted).

Then, repeat the above Uninstall/Reinstall

Of course I answered "Yes" when the uninstaller asks me to delete the AM as well.

There was an entry of Virtualy Software indeed, in the "Content" tab, which I`ve deleted.
Thereafter I reinstalled the scenery, but it's almost the same, at least FSX is now asking twice for permission to run the Addon Manager, and the couatl engine. But even by responding with an "allow" FSX get's the same Fatal error as before...

Thats  weird,
I think we are on a good path, there is just some strange Little Thing Messing it all up!

Thanks for your help so far!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 10:44:24 am »
There was an entry of Virtualy Software indeed, in the "Content" tab, which I`ve deleted. Thereafter I reinstalled the scenery

Have you restarted Windows after you made that change ? If not, repeat it again everything, don't skip any step.

If still crashes, IGNORE the warning, and ALLOW the module to run. Even if it crashes. Eventually, try again after a Windows restart.

Sebastian Gosch

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »
Well, I`m honestly following ALL your steps as you describe them, and I`m also performing several times in a row, but there is absolutely no change.

After installing a Fsdreamteam scenery (as you`ve described it) FSX is creating a new database (scenery), and after it as finished, The Sim is asking me

1. Whether I want to run the "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX" or not, I press RUN.
2. If I want to run the following module "couatl.exe", I press YES
3. If want want to press the  "Addon Manager for FSX", I press RUN
4. If want to run the following module "bglmanx.dll", I press YES

After doing so, the FSX window opens up, I can see my default AC, which is not rotating (as it normally does) and after around 4 seconds FSX crashes with a  fatal error.

Thats the most detailed info I can give you at the Moment....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:56:08 pm »
After doing so, the FSX window opens up, I can see my default AC, which is not rotating (as it normally does) and after around 4 seconds FSX crashes with a  fatal error.

And what makes you think that fatal error is caused by any of our products ? You don't give any detail about the crash but, assuming it's the standard Windows crash dialog, the crash has been logged in the Windows Event Viewer, which can be accessed from the Tools section in the Windows Control Panel.

Open the Windows Event Viewer, and find in the Application logs a recent FSX.EXe crash, check the error Details, and post them here. It should indicate what module really crashed.

Sebastian Gosch

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 01:29:13 am »

And what makes you think that fatal error is caused by any of our products ? You don't give any detail about the crash but, assuming it's the standard Windows crash dialog, the crash has been logged in the Windows Event Viewer, which can be accessed from the Tools section in the Windows Control Panel.

Open the Windows Event Viewer, and find in the Application logs a recent FSX.EXe crash, check the error Details, and post them here. It should indicate what module really crashed.

Well, if I uninstall your product(s), the Sim starts up as he is supposed to, and doesn`t crash.
The information in my first post is directly from the Eventviewer, it seems that the bglmanx.dll is the faulty module.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 02:32:14 am »
The information in my first post is directly from the Eventviewer, it seems that the bglmanx.dll is the faulty module.

Sorry, I didn't noticed you already posted the Event Viewer detail.

That info shows that it has crashed it, not that's is "faulty". The reason is that something wrong in your system has caused it to crash, it's not the cause itself, is the victim.

Fact that you said you had it working in P3D, should be proof enough bglmanx.dll is not the problem. If it was, it would crash in P3D too. There's no separate P3D version, the file is bit-per-bit identical between P3D and FSX.

Try to reset your FSX.CFG first, by moving the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file to a different location (so you can get it back if you need). Maybe there's a problem with it, and that might possibly crash bglmanx.dll, which needs to read it.

SiedlerP

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 02:43:58 pm »
hi,

i have the same Problem when i want aktivate KLAX my FSX Crashes and the only way to solve its allways to go back to a savepoint from windows, all from above testet, nothing fix the problem.

thats what i have done :
1. Deleted all FSDT scenerys (KLAX v2, GSX)<--- + new KLAX.v2
2. PC restart
3. Install again all Scenerys
4. use Aktivation for KLAX
5. Crash to Desktop again
6. BGLMANX.dll never works
7. Uninstall all again
8. Restart PC
9. Deaktivate all my Antivirus Software make a exclude for all your files.
10. Install Addon Manager
11. Start FSX. accept all with trust
12. crash to Desktop wiht error after restart fsx allways the above called Problem.

I dont know but i have installed Steve DX10fixer, can this cause this failure.

sorry for my bad english.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »
4. use Aktivation for KLAX

What do you mean with this ? Are you starting the activation from the Addon Manager "Register Serial" button ? If yes, this means the Addon Manager starts normally, but crashes ONLY when you click the registration button ?

SiedlerP

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »
yes i mean when starting the activation from the Addon Manager "Register Serial" button ? this means the Addon Manager starts normally, but after Crash addon manager never works, with the same error from the topic, only thing that helps are reset my system to a earlyer version

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

SiedlerP

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:49 pm »
thaaaanks it works now :D