Author Topic: Calling all you Angles ...  (Read 7691 times)

JamesChams

Calling all you Angles ...
« on: September 12, 2008, 06:13:06 am »
Are any of you "Angels" involved in this ...

Click Patch or Here for Video...

Idea:
If so, would it be possible for you to do a presentation at FSDT's KJFK after its release (as a memorial for 911) or a competition with a prize awarded for all winners; including "ScreenShot" photographers, etc.?

Other suggestions are welcome too (but be a little practical) ... [Your own Live Shows, Photo Slide Shows,  or Video postings might be submissions for entry]

Prizes; if Virtualli agrees; I think that the winner of a competition should get the KJFK scenery for Free or something along those lines. 

What do you all/FSDT (Virtualli) Staff think?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:18:11 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kiwiwanabe

Re: Calling all you Angles ...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:39 am »

Other suggestions are welcome too (but be a little practical) ... [Your own Live Shows, Photo Slide Shows,  or Video postings might be submissions for entry]

I for one would much prefer to participate in a contest that was put together by FSDT...rather than one where the organizer volunteers a prize from someone else and publicly challenges them to provide it on their own forum...not to be argumentative, but wouldn't a PM or an email to FSDT been a politer way to instigate this?

Many thanks for the opportunity to provide an alternative suggestion James....very kind...

All the best,
-Russ

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:34 am »
Gents,

Just for clarification; I'm not looking to organize an event. Rather to resurrect a topic that was previously discussed by FSDT, during the summer, about a contest for a free scenery giveaway; I believe that Virtuali stated that already in that post.

Now, if you'd rather not participate, that's fine; but I very much would like to see some aerobatic videos and screenshot pictures and I'm sure there are many Simmers that would like their hands on a FREE KJFK...  ;D :D

So, any other flyers with ideas that would like to contribute ...
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:27:33 am »
James,

First off, the video that you posted is the VIRTUAL BLUE ANGELS and the simulator that they use is Lock On: Modern Air Combat (LOMAC).  I have tried to convince them to come over to the FSX side, but have no luck. 

As for as the competition...I agree with you completely on this one.  Our team has been practicing for a while and would be up for flying in a competition or just for the fun of it.  We have been in existence for almost a year now and have come a long ways.  If you wanna check out our pics and videos, please check out the "multimedia" section of www.fsxblueangels.com.  Let me know if we can participate and/or help.  Here are a few of many pics:

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:02:16 am »
James,

First off, the video that you posted is the VIRTUAL BLUE ANGELS and the simulator that they use is Lock On: Modern Air Combat (LOMAC).  I have tried to convince them to come over to the FSX side, but have no luck. 

As for as the competition...I agree with you completely on this one.  Our team has been practicing for a while and would be up for flying in a competition or just for the fun of it....

Mr. Jimi08,

I was aware of the difference in Sim's but not of the teams; Thanks for pointing that out. :D

Can your VA put together a Live show or Video presentation for an FSDT Prize competition?

If it is to be done, it should include all purchasers for the prize.  Your members/team are free to join in of course; but lets make this available to all user as seperate entries for all screenshots, videos, and Aerobatic demonstrators entries.  But I think that you guys could perhaps Open with a live show of sorts (to get people into the spirit of things  :D) or any other suggestion.

Thanks for the pics; Looking forward to more of your input ...
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 04:40:47 am »
I would have to talk it over with the guys but I am pretty sure they would be up for a live demo if you would like.  A video is currently in the works, but is still in it's infant stages.  Do you have any sort of time line of when you would like to do this.  If we are going to do this, a lot of detail will need to be hammered of to make it work such as connectivity, security, etc.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 06:51:45 am »
I would have to talk it over with the guys but I am pretty sure they would be up for a live demo if you would like.  A video is currently in the works, but is still in it's infant stages.  Do you have any sort of time line of when you would like to do this.  If we are going to do this, a lot of detail will need to be hammered of to make it work such as connectivity, security, etc.

Mr. Jimi08,

Yes, I have a few ideas!

I'd like to talk it over with you in person and then involve all other parties; Do you have a TeamSpeak Server or something along those lines?  Can you suggest a ZULU time for the appointment?

Thanks.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 01:48:58 am »
Mr. Jimi,

Unfortunately, I was one of the victims of Hurricane which hit the State of Ohio around Sunday 14th Sept. @ Noon.  We haven't had power at our home till recently (today).  I see that FSDT has already put out KJFK so unfortunately we missed this opportunity; But maybe next time.

PS: Got your PM today; Let's talk IM soon.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 04:21:33 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams