Author Topic: Goodbye to All  (Read 5649 times)

goodperson36

Goodbye to All
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:41:12 am »
Just wanted to say a farewell to all I have decided to go back to FS9 due to to much problems with Scenry for FSX it just seems I have issue after issue with FSX. I just purchase a 3000 gaming system and FSX still sucks and will always suck. FSDT has done agreat job with the sceneries I am not dogging FSDT its FSX. Anyway its been a good ride but have decided to just be satisfied with FS9. The reason for saying goodbye is that FSDT had chosen to do all of its sceneries for FSX which I think is crazy but that's there choice. I will not be on this forum again because there will be nothing for me to talk about because everything will be FSX focus. Thanks everyone and goodbye to all. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Goodbye to All
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:44:39 am »
I just purchase a 3000 gaming system and FSX still sucks and will always suck.

I understand your frustration: I would be very upset too if I spent 3000$/€ for something that didn't work as I've expected. But the issue is, the problem here are your expectations.

FS9 is not any better than FSX. It has all the same memory limitations as FSX, plus more, because it doesn't use multi-core processors (so, your new system will be entirely wasted in FS9) and it doesn't offer many solutions to developers to save some memory.

But, being way more limited on what developers CAN do, it's also true that is way more difficult to create something in FS9 that would either consume all the available memory, or would eat the fps. So, users get the WRONG impression that "FS9 is faster".

FS9 is NOT any faster than FSX. It JUST have its settings capped to a way lower level than FSX, and it doesn't even TRY to display things (like road traffic, boat traffic, airport ground traffic, etc.) that could be turned off in FSX easily and, with those turned off and with Autogen turned to FS9-like levels, FSX it's faster than FS9, smoother in operation because of its better usage of multicore processors, and IT IS the better sim, because of way more powerful customization features.

Everybody agrees that a simulator without developers support is useless. What happened to MS Flight should say a thing or two. The issue is, FS9 today can only be used with older products, and it's NOT going to "improve" anytime now. It's not just us, PMDG also ditched FS9, Flightbeam did it too, FlyTampa is going to do that soon enough (are we all "crazy" ?), and there are many other developers that did the same so, by going back to FS9, you are not going have your 3000$ system wasted twice: once because it's entirely useless for FS9 that will run it on one core only (you paid for all of them...), and twice because you won't be able to purchase the latest and greatest products.

But yes, it's far more easier to just say "FSX sucks", rather than having the self-discipline to:

1) Understand your settings and not feeling diminished if you can't put "everything to the right".

2) Being very selective about how much stuff you install at the same time.

3) Understand the technical limitations of a 32 bit app (BOTH FSX and FS9 are like that), which means there's a finite amount of things that can run at the same time without causing OOMs under specific settings.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:43:51 pm »
I 100% agree here with Umberto, FSX is much better than FS9... You just need to tweak it right. We can help you, if you want to?
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 11:47:42 pm »
Understand your settings and not feeling diminished if you can't put "everything to the right".

That one is the most important.  Almost every scenery you purchase comes with recommended slider settings in the manual, and you have to use them.  Think I have at least thirty individual configuration files for my sceneries.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

goodperson36

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 05:12:36 am »
Thanks guys for the info I have been running FSX I recently already had FS9 install I do have a request I notice on the In fs9 That the Las vegas airport scenry is not right I am running REX when i land it looks like the default airport scenry is bleeding through the FSDT scenry what could be causing that issue. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 04:29:54 pm »
looks like the default airport scenery is bleeding through the FSDT scenry what could be causing that issue.

As discussed countless of other times on the forum, every time you see default stuff mixed with an add-on airport, is ALWAYS a problem caused by a conflicting AFCAD from another scenery. The most common source of these problems are AFCAD supplied with traffic products such as My Traffic and similar, those additional AFCAD should be used only with default sceneries.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 12:08:11 am »
May I ask what CPU is in your new system?
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

supercoup93

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 04:27:03 am »
Hi:
Im brand new to Dreamteam's forum and just started using the scenery in fsx.
 I was a firm believer in FS9 for many years after FSX came out and after upgrading my computer found that FSX is like night and day to FS9. Many times i ditched FSX and went back to FS9 until one day I just said enough is enough. i set up FSX, did some searching online for some tips and took some time to play with FSX. Now!!! I wouldnt trade it for the world.I run 11 - 14 different programs at once with FSX, many scenery addons, enhancements, AI programs, VOXATC, flight deck companion, and on and on. I have no problems running and completeing flights and FSX runs as smooth and trouble free as can be. Its all in the tweaking. Be patient, you'll get it. good luck. By the way, I just purchased KJFK and GSX and havent installed it yet cause Ive been working on makeing a throttle quadrant using saitek quadrants and some aluminum sheet metal but from what ive seen in here, im gonna love it. Great job guys. Keep goin. We need more stuff.