Author Topic: San Francisco KSFO  (Read 6502 times)

f_tony

San Francisco KSFO
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:27:40 am »
Hi everybody!
First of all, my sincere compliments for this absolutely amazing addon!
I have a problem with FlightBeam San Francisco...as I get near to this airports, Couatl disappears from the working tasks (without displaying any error) and of course GSX doesn't work...the same happens if I try to take off from KSFO. When I used GSX in trial mode it worked perfectly but now, after buying the licence, this problem occurs.
Hope you can help me.

In addition to this, I would like to know if there is any intention to make GSX deal with the jetways; I'm not able to move them either in sceneries like Aerosoft's ones nor in the defaul ones...any suggestion?

Thank you very much

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: San Francisco KSFO
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:24 pm »
When I used GSX in trial mode it worked perfectly but now, after buying the licence, this problem occurs.

It's not possible you would see any difference between purchased or trial, *especially* at Flightbeam KSFO, since that one is one of the airports that works in full even in Trial mode. And, nobody has reported this problem with KSFO.

Be sure you use the most updated GSX. If you are not sure, download it again.

If still doesn't work, you can also enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and check the Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR that will be created.

In addition to this, I would like to know if there is any intention to make GSX deal with the jetways; I'm not able to move them either in sceneries like Aerosoft's ones nor in the defaul ones...any suggestion?

Having a product such as GSX moving jetways, instead of the scenery developer, made some sense in FS9, because in FS9 it was really hard to have moving jetways. But in FSX, since moving jetways are officially supported by the sim, and all default sceneries support them, you would guess that developers advertising a scenery made for FSX would *at least* include all features of an FSX default scenery.

We'll probably extend GSX to have moving jetways on its own in a future version, to improve the default method and get additional features too, but we plan to do it for our sceneries only, we don't have any plans to enhance 3rd party sceneries with fake/static jetways, because that would mean charging per-airport, and that's a business model we are not interested to follow.

MaximusPrime

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »
Hello,

I have the same problem with SFO. Everytime I load FlightBeam SFO Couatl quits and doesn't give any support after a manual restart. I already ran the updater and installed the latest couatl update but the problem still occurs. I have flightbeam and GSX both in full version.
What can the problem be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:19:07 am »
Install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager or the current GSX full installer, after KSFO is installed.

MaximusPrime

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 09:22:23 am »
I tried that yesterday. I downloaded the latest installers for both, GSX and the Stand-Alone Add-On Manager. I first installed FlightBeam SFO, then GSX and theAdd on manager.
still, the same problem occurs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 10:12:41 am »
I first installed FlightBeam SFO, then GSX and theAdd on manager.

No need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, if you downloaded the latest GSX installer.

still, the same problem occurs.

Tried it now, just to be sure and no, no problems whatsoever, it works normally if I install KSFO first then GSX, or if I install KSFO last. Your problem must be something else, like a problem with your airplane configuration in GSX. Try to Reset the airplane configuration so the default that comes with GSX will be used.