Author Topic: Won't Let me enter serial#  (Read 3754 times)

Papagiorgio

Won't Let me enter serial#
« on: September 25, 2013, 04:48:31 am »
Had to uninstall and reinstall after downloading newest update.  GSX says it's in trial mode.  When I hit enter serial, I get a message to put sim in windowed mode.  It already is.  When I press the ok, it goes back to the sim and I cannot enter the serial #.

Thanks,

Papagiorgio                               

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Won't Let me enter serial#
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »
Had to uninstall and reinstall after downloading newest update.  GSX says it's in trial mode.

Uninstalling and reinstalling GSX, won't result in GSX going back to Trial, unless you also reinstalled Windows.

Do you use Prepar3D ? If yes, turn off any compatibility mode or turn off the P3D Migration Tool, because it has problems with the detection of the full screen mode.

Another alternate way of inserting your serial number, is to use the .REG file that has been saved in your Home folder when you activated the first time, and double click on it. This will enter the Serial Number without having to type it.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »
  All I did was download the newest update that has the freighter unloader.  When I tried to load the freight, Coutl shut down.  I lost the airport, Ohare, and all the rest.  I have FSX in windowed mode.  As soon as I hit register key #, it goes back to the sim.  I got around it by hitting Reinstall and it asked if I had the verification email which I do.  I proceeded from there now we are good to go.  But there seems to be that issue where you can't put the key # when asked. 

Chow,

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:07:39 pm »
 All I did was download the newest update that has the freighter unloader.  When I tried to load the freight, Coutl shut down.  I lost the airport, Ohare, and all the rest.

That didn't mean you lost the activation. If there's a problem with the activation, the scenery won't disappear, it would go back in Trial mode. Trial mode means that everything works correctly,

I have FSX in windowed mode.  As soon as I hit register key #, it goes back to the sim.

That's another problem, if the sim goes back to flying as soon as you press the register serial button, it's because another add-on you are using is forcing itself into the foreground, so it's not the dialog disappear, it just went behind because it was forced to do so by another app that was putting itself into the foreground. Apps that usually do this are online flying clients, with chat windows that always stays on top.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:04:03 pm by virtuali »

Papagiorgio

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:13 pm »
Thanks,

Papagiorgio