Author Topic: Any way to select what pallets come out of the cargo doors?  (Read 7741 times)

p3dx3

Any way to select what pallets come out of the cargo doors?
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:33:23 am »
I want specific cargo to come out of the doors. Specifically when flying for DHL, I want DHL labeled pallets. Is this possible? It seems to be dependent only on the ground services company, say at VHHH Cathay, or EDDP Lufthansa. Can I set somewhere that a specific airplane I want only DHL pallets to appear? Or Lufthansa when flying for Lufthansa Cargo? Thanks for another great update to this product.

p3dx3

Re: Any way to select what pallets come out of the cargo doors?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »
Also with the large cargo loader, would it be possible to select what direction, or have it auto select, what direction the cargo comes from? For example the 777F has a rear door loader, same with the 747. But your animation brings cargo pallets from the right where it should be from the left, towards the front of the aircraft.

Last question, can we select which right side cargo door to be serviced? I'd rather the front be serviced instead of the aft door.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:01:22 pm by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:24:29 pm »
I want specific cargo to come out of the doors. Specifically when flying for DHL, I want DHL labeled pallets. Is this possible?

GSX Manual, Page 37:

The ULD used by GSX are customized with airline logos and their identification code, according to correct IATA standards, as explained before. The airline selection is made according to the following strategy:
If your airplane.cfg includes the ICAO code of your airline in the atc_parking_ codes parameter, this will take precedence over any other selection method. It’s assumed you will preferably load containers with the airline logo of the airplane.
If your airplane doesn’t have an atc_parking_codes parameter in its aircraft.cfg file, the selection will be made per airport, using the same selection methods as the
handling vehicles. In this case, it might happen you will load containers with a logo on departure, and a different one when unloading on arrival. This is normal, and can’t be prevented if your airplane.cfg doesn’t have the airline code set.

for example the 777F has a rear door loader, same with the 747. But your animation brings cargo pallets from the right where it should be from the left, towards the front of the aircraft.

That's something we'll have to add. As you might have noticed, we are constantly improve support for Cargo, and this might eventually end up offering a dedicated product for cargo operations so, we are getting there, step by step.

Last question, can we select which right side cargo door to be serviced? I'd rather the front be serviced instead of the aft door.

Of course, just use the Airplane configuration editor, move the current Cargo aft door in the front position (it should be enough to just move it longitudinally), and change the custom name and the name of the XML variable used to check the door's status in the custom XML expression field, I think it's should be fairly easy to figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:28:00 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 04:09:19 pm »
1. Okay so for example, if I wanted AeroLogic to unload DHL pallets, I have to have DHL in the parking code? Any way to change this? I fly with AeroLogic, their code is BOX. Not DHL. Southern Air, their code is SOO even though they also do some flying for DHL.

2. Thanks, that would be great

3. Ah, I get it. Thanks. So the "Main Deck Cargo" on the right side of the customize screen is actually the big cargo door on the left, and the front cargo door #1 is really the aft. I will change it. How do I change the check to see whether the door is open? I want the forward cargo door to be used, I adjusted the settings so the loader is positioned right, but it keeps demanding I open the aft cargo door instead of the forward.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:17:44 pm by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 05:04:01 pm »
1. Okay so for example, if I wanted AeroLogic to unload DHL pallets, I have to have DHL in the parking code?

The atc_parking_codes can be a list of codes.

2. Thanks, that would be great

3. Ah, I get it. Thanks. So the "Main Deck Cargo" on the right side of the customize screen is actually the big cargo door on the left, and the front cargo door #1 is really the aft.

From a GSX point of view, they are just "Cargo1" and "Cargo2", their actual position is not relevant, the legend will put them to the right, but that's just to let you know which colored dot you should click, the door position can be anywhere. Note that, to make it clear the door is "reversed", its lateral coordinate will be shown in Orange.

I will change it. How do I change the check to see whether the door is open?

As I've said in my previous reply:

change the custom name and the name of the XML variable used to check the door's status in the custom XML expression field, I think it's should be fairly easy to figure it out.

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
Well I changed in the config to fwdcargo and yet it still says "waiting for your action to open cargo door fwd"

It still is tied to the aft cargo door even when I moved its location and changed the name.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »
It still is tied to the aft cargo door even when I moved its location and changed the name.

As I've said in my previous replies:

change the custom name and the name of the XML variable used to check the door's status in the custom XML expression field, I think it's should be fairly easy to figure it out.

Just changing the custom name of the door is not enough, you must also change the name of the L: variable in the XML expression.

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:35:11 am »
I did change the xml name in the gsx.cfg file, still does not work right. I changed afcargodoor to fwd

Can you tell me what I did wrong?

[cargo1]
pos = 1.65 15.11 -0.97 0.00
code = (L:7X7XfwdcargoDoor,number)
name = Cargo FWD
uldcode = AKE

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:40:29 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 12:59:10 pm »
code = (L:7X7XfwdcargoDoor,number)

That's not the correct name. You should check the .MDL file to be sure which name the airplane developers. In this case, PMDG used this variable:

(L:7X7XforwardcargoDoor,number)

p3dx3

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 03:25:17 pm »
Thank you very much, that is fixed now. But still the problem with the cargo pallets is not. I have DHL as my code in the airplane.cfg file, yet the pallets being unloaded are still based on the airport I am at. Right now at VHHH it is unloading Cathay Pacific cargo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »
. I have DHL as my code in the airplane.cfg file, yet the pallets being unloaded are still based on the airport I am at.

That's correct too. Since there's no DHL livery in GSX at all, it will create the more appropriate choice for the airport. We might add it and, of course, you can add it too using the PaintKit.