Author Topic: KLAX big freeze during final approach and fps dropping  (Read 5050 times)

rhadamantys

KLAX big freeze during final approach and fps dropping
« on: October 05, 2013, 03:14:03 pm »
Hi, I made a flight to KLAX V2 5 ago. I use DX10 with new steeve's shaders. FSX is wonderfull now! But, during final approach on KLAX airport, FSX started several freeze until short final. After, my FPS droped dramatically from 28-30 average during approach under IVAO network to 8- 5 fps when freeze started and until my feelthere A340-300 land into the runway 24R. And coincidentally my FPS goes back to 18- 22 fps just after touchdown. So my entier flight was ruined by this issue, because my FSX was unflyable around KLAX V2 and my Landing was almost crashed situation due to freezing and fps dropping.

Please could tell me what can I do with these settings and addons to use the wonderfull KLAX V2 scenery with à descent FPS?

My hardware settings :
Intel Core I7 950 @ 4.0 ghz
Msi GTX 570 Twin Frozr III OC Edition
DDR3 GSKILL Ripjaws 2000 mhz 12 Gb.
Raid 0 HDD 1 To for FSX.

My settings :
GTX 570 : AA : Super VCAA 64x (4v12); AA transparency : 4x supersampling (for DX10) Aniso : 16X.

Scenery complexity : Dense
Autogen : Dense
No AI.
Traffic vehicles at 10%.

In Fsx cfg :
Highmemfix = 1
SwapWaitTimeout = 30
Small part rejet radius = 4
AffinityMask= 14
Use pool= 0
Antialisasing = 1
Trilinear = 1
TextureMaxLoad = 9
Texture_Bandwith_Multi= 30
Texture Max Load = 2048

My addons during my flight :
IVAP
Active Sky 2012
Feelthere A340-300 cockpit with A340-300 cls aircraft
Fs2Crew Airbus
REX V2 textures
FTX Global
Ultimate Terrain USA
And of course Fsdt KLAX V2
No Aerosoft bling bling scenery was installed.
No other stuff.

Thank you for your future help.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX big freeze during final approach and fps dropping
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:37:52 pm »
The only setting that can help with pauses on final is the "Anti pop-up" slider in the Addon Manager.

If you set it on a value higher than 1 (default), objects will load in advance, which will result in slightly lower fps and more memory taken, but less chance of pauses. Your choice.

rhadamantys

Re: KLAX big freeze during final approach and fps dropping
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:15:11 pm »
Thank you for your reply Virtuali. I will try your method and I will post a new message too.

Best ragards