Author Topic: Airbus X extended and misaligned jetway LSZH  (Read 8254 times)

Airbus X extended and misaligned jetway LSZH
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:00:52 pm »
Doesnt matter what I do but the jetway are always misaligned at LSZH 2.5 with the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended. I have deleted all intelliscene.cfg, I have used the GSX configurator but no success. The jetway sink in the ground and inside the plane. I use DX10. Need a solution.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:12:25 pm by Avatar »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airbus X extended and misaligned jetway LSZH
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:56 pm »
Misaligned it's one thing, it might be a problem of a conflicting scenery.

Wheels sinking into ground it's an entirely different thing, but it's not a problem of the scenery, it's a limitation of the FSX jetway system, even default jetways on default airports with default airplane have that issues. GSX doesn't have anything to do with this either, because it doesn't handle or control jetways in any way.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:23:56 am »
thanks Umberto

Ok for the wheel sinking but what about the misalignement? When I start the 3D configurator it show me that the axes are set correctly but when I activate the jetway attache to 1 meter below and 1 meter to far into the plane as what I have set. I have only Zurich installed and switzerland pro so there cannot be a scenery conflict.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 11:18:49 am »
When I start the 3D configurator it show me that the axes are set correctly but when I activate the jetway attache to 1 meter below and 1 meter to far into the plane as what I have set.

I think your main source of confusion is to assume that GSX has anything to do with jetways! It doesn't. Jetways are not affected by GSX in any way, they are not related to it at all, they worked (or not) before installing GSX, and installing GSX won't change anything to their operation. This is clearly explained on the manual, and has been explained many times on the forum. The ONLY "interaction" GSX has with jetways, is that it reads the AFCAD to know *where* they are, so it won't display front stairs and a passenger bus on gates with jetways.

This means, of course, that editing an airplane door in the GSX 3d configuration editor won't do anything to the jetway operation, the GSX editor ONLY creates a configuration that is meaningful to GSX vehicles and nothing else.

The FSX jetway only refers to the Exit coordinates as specified in the aircraft.cfg in its [Exits] section, and GSX won't affect or change that file at all so, if the jetway looks to be POSITIONED correctly (in the scenery) but it attach to the wrong place on the AIRPLANE, it's a problem of the airplane configuration.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 02:50:36 pm »
now I'm a really a bit confused. When you say

"
...... it's a problem of the airplane configuration.
"

what it means exactly....do I have to reinstall the Airbus X Extended? I didn't change anything to the airplane configuration.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 04:30:01 pm »
what it means exactly....do I have to reinstall the Airbus X Extended? I didn't change anything to the airplane configuration.

What happens if you use a jetway on a default airport with the same airplane ?

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:19:30 pm »
Hi Umberto

sorry for my late reply. I've tested with the default LSZH scenery and the jetway was aligned correctly. In the meantime I've also installed P3Dv2 and with the FSDT-Zurich I have the same problem, with the default scenery not. What coul be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »
What's the gate number ?

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 09:19:28 am »
it was gate A55 but basically it happens with every gate apart 41 that is not animated.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 05:22:50 pm »
I'm alone with this problem or somebody else is experiencing the same?

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:59 pm »
Solution still pending! Would appreciate your support Umberto to look at this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 05:49:09 pm »
Does it happen with a default airplane ?

fowler

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 08:21:56 pm »
I'm alone with this problem or somebody else is experiencing the same?

Hi, you're not alone, I have the same issue. I fly mostly C.S. 767 these days and there is maybe only one "heavy" jetway / gate with FSDT Zürich X (V.2.5) that appears to be at least on the correct height, all the others gates I'v tried are systematically to high for this plane and would also be for most other aircraft I'm afraid. What I cannot understand is why at some places it seems to be OK & not others places. Bummer !
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:24:07 pm by fowler »