Author Topic: Access denied: Unable to move couatl.exe  (Read 3250 times)

pijnackerpilot

Access denied: Unable to move couatl.exe
« on: September 22, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »
I have been experiencing a lot of trouble running the otherwise terrific GSX program. Basically what it comes down to is when I try to activate GSX using crtl + f12, I get nothing. It appears that upon closer inspection, there is no 'couatl powered products' option in the addons menu in the fsx taskbar. I would conclude then that the couatl program is not running. I removed and reinstalled the Virtuali addon manager a couple of times but that did not help (even with the antivirus turned off).

What I do get is the following error message when I tried to reinstall the addon manager:

Code: [Select]
ERROR

An error occurred while trying to move rename file from directory:
%\Local\temp\is-LTKSR.tmp\offline\couatl.exe

Movefile failed: code 5

Access is denied

I then get the options: abort, retry and ignore

When I dove into my antivirus settings to have the program ignore the bglmanx.dll file and the couatl.exe file in the Couatl folder. It seems that the latter is missing due to the problem stated above.

Question is: How do I fix the issue permanently?

All steps that I have performed are naturally as full admin of the system.

Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Access denied: Unable to move couatl.exe
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »
What I do get is the following error message when I tried to reinstall the addon manager:

Excluding the files in the FSX folder is not enough because, BEFORE a file is installed in the FSX folder, it's first uncompressed in the temporary folder so, that message seems to indicate the antivirus is interfering in THAT folder.

That's why, we always suggest to TURN OFF the antivirus ENTIRELY, when DOWNLOADING and INSTALLING. Excluding the whole %TEMP% folder is a bit dangerous to do so, it's best to turn off the antivirus while installing.

And, you should always restart Windows before trying to reinstall after getting an "access denied" error.

Question is: How do I fix the issue permanently?

Switch to a non-bugged antivirus that is not mistakenly detect our software as threats. That would fix it permanently. The free and always updated Microsoft Security Essentials is one example of a working antivirus that doesn't require *any* configuration to install our products.

pijnackerpilot

Re: Access denied: Unable to move couatl.exe
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 10:27:37 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess that means removing Ad-Aware and AVG because I cannot find the off-switch on those scanners  :-\. I'll look into the alternative you suggested.  :)