Author Topic: No Pushback or menu  (Read 3884 times)

HondaJet

No Pushback or menu
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »
Yesterday I got an upload for GSX via Couatl inside FSX and today I can't get pushback to work.  When I tried to bring up GSX menu on the ramp (#49) at KPIT I got an error message that said "Park Me" in GSX has been superseded by GSX and the fsdreamteam website.   I moved to a gate and tried it again and got the same message when I used CTRL+Shift+F12 to get GSX menu.  Then I restarted Couatl and that test failed also with same results.   Did that upgrade yesterday break something?  I searched this forum about this issue and didn't find anything prior post.  I need some help.  I have not installed any new addons or anything since the last successful pushback.
Thanks,
Jerry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Pushback or menu
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »
If you see the "ParkMe has been superseded " message when pressing the GSX hotkey, it means you must have messed up your key assignment (the installer won't change them) so, the key previously used for ParkMe is assigned to the GSX key, and since no two add-ons can share the same key, one of them is not working.

By default, ParkMe is Ctrl+Shift+P, YouControl/GSX is CTRL+F12 and GSX direct is CTRL+Shift+F12. Check the key assignment menu under the Couatl menu and be sure they are set like this, with no conflicts.

HondaJet

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 08:32:52 pm »
I checked the key mappings and they are still set the way you describe with ParkMe showing Ctrl+Shift+P, Global - YouControl/GSX shows CTRL+F12 and GSX direct shows Shift+CTRL+F12.  I then checked my FSX settings to make sure there were no conflicts and found none.  I tried each command in the cockpit of Majestic Q400 and got the error message for both GSX direct & Parkme; Ctrl+F12 did nothing.
Would it come back if I uninstall GSX and reload 1.07?
Thanks
Jerry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:19:19 pm »
I tried each command in the cockpit of Majestic Q400 and got the error message for both GSX direct & Parkme; Ctrl+F12 did nothing.

If with "error message", you mean the  "ParkMe has been superseded " message, it's not an error, and it comes ONLY if you press the key normally used by ParkMe, it's not possible that it will come after pressing the GSX direct key, unless the key assigned to ParkMe is the one that should be assigned to direct GSX. In this case, pressing either keys would result in the ParkMe message.

The only possible explanation for your problem seems to be a problem with key assignment. Perhaps the key assignment file has got corrupted, so it's not even used. In this case, remove this file

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\keymapping.ini

then reinstall GSX so it will re-create a correct one. Be sure you use the most current version of the GSX full installer. If not sure, download it again.

HondaJet

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »
Thank you for your help.  I did as you instructed and it is working again.  I have always just run this program default with no customizing so something must have corrupted that file.
Good to have it fixed.   :)
Jerry