Author Topic: Tow-In at LAX  (Read 3364 times)

dodi

Tow-In at LAX
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:33:37 pm »
Hi !

I wonder if it is possible to simulate the tow-in procedure at KLAX. I know that it not a standard feature of GSX. Allthough i find that taxiing to the gate is really a problem like in reality because of the small space. Thats why it would really make sense beside the higher realism it would bring.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Chris

boilerbill

Re: Tow-In at LAX
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:14 am »
I've also wondered about towing, but in a different way. Many times at larger airports, long-haul aircraft are kept in the airline's hangar until they are needed at the gate. They are then towed (or rarely, taxied) from the hangar to the gate before they are opened for passenger boarding. And possibly after the passengers have deboarded and the luggage taken off, the empty aircraft could be taxied automatically from the gate to the hangar. Most AFCADs contain the necessary information to move between the hangar and the gate, but I don't know how difficult it would be to add these functions. Just an idea.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

anappy

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 01:07:22 am »
Then maybe a push then pull option to get out of the alley at the gate where it's needed.

hendopow

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:37:40 am »
I'd love to see towing available with GSX. I flew into LAX in a 777-300ER and we were towed into the gate and it would be neat to have that option in GSX. Repeating what boilerbill said, all of the flights arriving into LAX from Australia (except one that goes onto JFK) are towed away and sit at remote parkings for over 12 hours before they return to Australia.