Author Topic: Rear aircraft stairs do not connect properly on bigger planes  (Read 4445 times)

Noobynator

Hello Guys,

I have some trouble with the bigger airplanes and GSX.
When using the posky 777 and 747 the rear passenger door is located correctly in the airplane config, but the rear boarding stairs doesn't connect properly.
The 2 stairs on the front however do connect properly.
What is wrong?
Here are the pictures showing the position of the front and rear boarding stairs and the door location in the config of both planes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rear aircraft stairs do not connect properly on bigger planes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:13:41 pm »
I don't see anything wrong in your pictures, and they are too low resolution anyway to see if there was something wrong in the first place, and too low resolution to read any of the text, which might give some clue about what you did wrong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rear aircraft stairs do not connect properly on bigger planes
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:43:28 pm »
It's seems your airplane is sitting a bit below ground when editing (this is the default slew position, which means the airplane weight is not taken into account) and it's likely very light loaded, so it's very high on the shock absorbers.

I see your back door is 4.25 mt in height, when editing. The highest the GSX staircase can reach is 5.05 mt so, if the actual height of the back door of the airplane in normal usage (when airplane load IS taken into account) is higher than that, the stairs will be positioned a bit back, but the stairs can't reach it because your door is now higher.

I'm not sure if this is realistic for a 747, that depends how the airplane developers modeled heights, weight and shock absorbers effect but, you should be able to fix this (at least a reasonable fix) by LOWERING the doors height in the GSX editor a bit, even if not perfect, it will be better than not being able to connect.

How course, this will change with the airplane load so, I guess that if you load it more, it will sit lower on ground and the stairs might be able to reach it even now.