Author Topic: Help Deactivating Scenery!  (Read 4044 times)

legitmv7

Help Deactivating Scenery!
« on: August 19, 2013, 11:59:06 pm »
I've been trying to deactivate all of my FSDT scenery and GSX so that I can reinstall windows but I keep getting eSellerate Fatal FAILURE. Any suggestions?

paul_smith_gw

Re: Help Deactivating Scenery!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:35:59 am »
I'm having the same problem too... I was able to deactivate my scenery but now that its reinstalled I can't reactivate anything because I get the Esellerate failure.
Any help?
Is Esellerate down or something...
I also notice I didn't really have this issue until after the current Addon Manager update... (not sure if that helps)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »
It's possible that some firewall software mistakenly inserted Esellerate in their blacklist, so it's blocking online access to Esellerate. Try to turn off every firewall software running on your system before trying the activation or deactivation.

legitmv7

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:35:39 pm »
It's possible that some firewall software mistakenly inserted Esellerate in their blacklist, so it's blocking online access to Esellerate. Try to turn off every firewall software running on your system before trying the activation or deactivation.

It's not a firewall issue. I've never had this issue before and a lot of people are having the same problem. Now I'm having issues activating my scenery. I'm getting the same error message again. My firewall is off and I do not have a antivirus software installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »
It's not a firewall issue. I've never had this issue before and a lot of people are having the same problem. .

There are just you and another user posting here. We have thousands of customers, and every day lots of users activates or deactivate the software. The The Esellerate activation server is up:

http://activate.esellerate.net

We haven't got any notification from Esellerate about a possible downtime, and nobody else has reported problems with activations today, except the two reports here. I've checked all the successful activations made today, and there are plenty.

If it's not a firewall issue, maybe it's a permission issue, try to run FSX As Administrator.

Another possible issue, you have installed another product from another company that use Esellerate, but that comes with a wrong/older version of the library. We obviously supply the correct and latest version of it, but we had reports of other products installing older versions, that might cause a conflict. In this case, search your system for the following files:

C:\Windows\Esellerateengine.dll
YOURFSXFolder\Esellerateengine.dll
C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll

Remove ALL the instances of the .dll, especially if you find one in C:\Windows, then reinstall GSX, which will restore the correct one, in the correct place, which is C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:18:05 pm »
In any case, even if you aren't able to fix the problem, just send the email you used for your past purchases with PM or email, and we can do the deactivation.