Author Topic: GSX not starting up and not appearing in fsx  (Read 5120 times)

DaDaFly

GSX not starting up and not appearing in fsx
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:01:06 pm »
Hello,

I installed GSX yesterday and as it is written in your manual, fsx should ask if you trust the soft, there was no question like that.

Then I started my flight and I ctrl+f12 wasn't working.

I decided to open task manager, couatl.exe wasn't running (Addon manager wasn't showing up in fsx's taskbar too).

I started couatl.exe manually but that didn't help.

I already reinstalled gsx a couple of times since yesterday.

Please help!!

P.S I installed GSX a couple of months ago but I was lagging too much and I directly uninstalled it via the control panel.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: GSX not starting up and not appearing in fsx
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:40:28 pm »
Do you see anything about Couatl powered addons under the addons menu?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:32 am »
I decided to open task manager, couatl.exe wasn't running (Addon manager wasn't showing up in fsx's taskbar too).

That's the reason, and it's likely your antivirus has blocked it. You should install with the antivirus disabled, and configure it to exclude the following files from scanning before launching FSX:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

DaDaFly

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:40:45 pm »
I'm getting this error when I start the setup... even with my anti-virus off

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:42:38 pm »
I'm getting this error when I start the setup... even with my anti-virus off

This is not related to the antivirus, this is because YOU have blocked anything signed from us from running on your system! In the very same dialog box you posted, there's a "How do I unblock this publisher?" link. Have you tried following it ?

DaDaFly

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:50:31 pm »
Well when I click on it windows help opens and says there is no such chapter, then i searched on the internet and found that this was related to win firewall, I then configured the firewalll to accept the setup but that didn't change anything.. Any idea?

P.S I remember my av blocked it once, i restored it and check it was accpeted by the av but it seems windows blocked it too

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »
Well when I click on it windows help opens and says there is no such chapter, then i searched on the internet and found that this was related to win firewall, I then configured the firewalll to accept the setup but that didn't change anything.. Any idea?

No, it's not the firewall. A firewall will prevent a software to go online, but it will not prevent to run. What's happening here, is that you used the option to block everything signed from us, when you were presented with the choice.

To undo this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

DaDaFly

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »
Thank you for your help, working now, it's have a nice day