Author Topic: We are back up again  (Read 5251 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We are back up again
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »
Our forum is back up again now.

We are sorry for this and, the reason was shockingly mundane: all technicians at our ISP were in vacation last week, so we couldn't contact anyone to report the downtime! This, regardless if their are supposed to offer technical support 24/7 365 days per year.

Note that, while the forum is running normally, it might take some time (up to 24/48 hours) for your ISP to catch up the DNS change from the backup server to the regular one, but it will eventually appear soon. It should be faster if you use Google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 ) instead of the one provided by default by your ISP.

wb2002

Re: We are back up again
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:27:51 pm »
Missed you guys. Tried to find out what happened by going and searching other sites - No Luck. Glad to know you are back up again. :)
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 06:43:05 pm »
..all technicians at our ISP were in vacation last week..

Somebody should be drawn and quartered for being such a bonehead... think I'd look for a new ISP.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 01:47:43 pm »
Now iam unable  to get in the home  page  now  using  ie10  explorer  but  iam able  to get in using firefox, when using  ie10 i get error 404   web page not found  try again

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »
Our forum is back up again now.

We are sorry for this and, the reason was shockingly mundane: all technicians at our ISP were in vacation last week, so we couldn't contact anyone to report the downtime! This, regardless if their are supposed to offer technical support 24/7 365 days per year.

Note that, while the forum is running normally, it might take some time (up to 24/48 hours) for your ISP to catch up the DNS change from the backup server to the regular one, but it will eventually appear soon. It should be faster if you use Google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 ) instead of the one provided by default by your ISP.
Complete shame :P
I call that false advertisement.....
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:33:07 pm »
Now iam unable  to get in the home  page  now  using  ie10  explorer  but  iam able  to get in using firefox, when using  ie10 i get error 404   web page not found  try again

There are no problems with the web page. In fact, the web page was never down, it's only the forum which was down. The most likely issue, is your DNS still not updated.

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 12:31:42 pm »
Yep solved  the issue  by  searching  fsdt  and clicking  on the second or  3rd listing as was posted  on another  thread about this issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 05:19:05 pm »
Yep solved  the issue  by  searching  fsdt  and clicking  on the second or  3rd listing as was posted  on another  thread about this issue

But why "searching" ? Isn't simpler to just type http://www.fsdreamteam.com in the address space of the browser ? If you search, you are adding to the possibly outdated DNS issue, the issue of the search engine being outdated too.

If you don't want to type the whole URL each time, bookmark it...