Author Topic: Range  (Read 7453 times)

captczep

Range
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:41:07 am »
I'm really looking forward to some long(ish) range missions in the Hornet.  However, since you can't strap on any external fuel tanks, being limited to the internal tanks will require being rather thrifty with the throttle if you plan to cover any real distance.

Based on fuel consumption rates what kind of range would you estimate for this bird?  In the Alphasim Gripen I can reach about 700nm on a full tank if I "fly casual" at or above FL250.  Will the Hornet go as far? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Range
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:42:47 am »
Have you checked the FPAS page on the MFD ? When you have a flight plan loaded, it will display an estimate range in realtime.

FKace99

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:26:32 am »
im not sure but in the carrier practice there is a tanker u just switch the mission compos

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:56:12 am »
Also, you might find this link as a useful edit to your aircraft.cfg file if you ever decided you wanted to add extra fuel tanks (which don't show up on the visual model but do show up to a certain extent on the instruments).

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=359.msg2075#msg2075
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Bullseye

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:55:27 am »
im not sure but in the carrier practice there is a tanker u just switch the mission compos

Yeah, you can refuel from it, just get real close ;) You could of course create a mission let's say from point A, Europe to point B, Amerika or something, a long range flight. Then you can plan to meet a AI model in the mission which you can refuel from. I don't know but I think this is possible :)

Razgriz

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:34:07 am »
Example of refueling on the mission; (flown by me  ;))

I've added External fuel tanks to my F/A-18D, so once they run out I'll jettison them.