Author Topic: GSX is not working  (Read 5388 times)

moranp98

GSX is not working
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:30 pm »
Hi, i bought GSX yesterday.
Today, I played FSX at the morning with GSX.
At the noon today, I tried to play FSX with GSX.
I don't know why after I pressed the keyborad to active GSX it isn't show me the GSX features.
I look on the FSX bar, and the Addon Maneger wasn't was there.
I tried to renistall GSX and it still doesn't work.
Please help I'm don't know what to do...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is not working
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:25:54 pm »
REBOOT WINDOWS (very important)

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

Doing this, will entirely clear your system from everything related to the Addon Manager, it's a totally clean uninstall.

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

Morten

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:31:14 am »
Same here! - after a long time without problems.
All of a sudden I couldn't launch GSX in FSX and the addon dialogue was completely gone. I then unistalled the present addon manager and downloaded and installed the newest one in the way you advised Moranp98.

Now the addon dialogue has come up again inside FSX but I still can't activate the GSX features. Tried then to reinstall inside FSX then a odd dialogue box turns up with this announcement: "ERROR. You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example: C:APP or a UNC path in the form: \\server\share"     

Morten

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 03:37:29 am »
Now I tried to do a clean reinstall of GSX, but it still doesn't work!
I can however now execute it inside FSX, but every time I order a FollowMe car FSX pauses a short instant and then GSX totally disappear from everything inside FSX, including the addon manager inside the flag for Addons!

What the heck is going on?   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 12:21:05 pm »
Now I tried to do a clean reinstall of GSX, but it still doesn't work! I can however now execute it inside FSX

This sentence means it's works.

but every time I order a FollowMe car FSX pauses a short instant and then GSX totally disappear from everything inside FSX, including the addon manager inside the flag for Addons!

That's a different issue. It's not "GSX not working", is "GSX crashing calling the FollowMe". The most likely cause it's a problem with your scenery AFCAD, like a bug in it.

Which airport you tried the FollowMe on ?  Have you tried on a different airport ? Try a default airport.

Morten

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:25:55 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer Virtuali, which is badly needed as your GSX has become so much part of my simulation that I hardly can't live without it!
I have tried it in several airports including default (ex. Denver Intl.) ones, which haven't been altered at all.

I will now try one of FSDreamteams wonderful airports to see if it also crashes here and return here with results...

(By the way, FSDT needs to do many, many more EU Intl. airports for FSX! Ex. in Italy - Rome Please! - and France).   

Morten

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 04:01:13 pm »
No change at all, it still crashes in every airport regardless to default or no default airports!

I even tried to uninstall my FSPS SimPsychics (after being suspicious of this altering something) then went into FSX again and made an internal reinstall GSX through the addon manager - No difference, GSX is still crashing!  >:(

So what next?!

I am about to mail you the log files - what is the mail address??

Well, anyway the panic logging of Couatl.err has also stopped working now - new crashes are not logged! (Tried to delete it, but no new file is created). Only the (long) Coutl.log works. but where to send it.???

So here is the latest Couatl.err info from yesterdays crash:

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu Aug 08 01:22:25 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 22, in <lambda>
RuntimeError: Couatl.Application already showing a dialog

Aircraft used for testing: default FSX 747 and 767 from CS - No difference, same errors.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:11:11 pm by Morten »