Author Topic: Need Help with GSX. Will not show GSX menu choices  (Read 12759 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need Help with GSX. Will not show GSX menu choices
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 11:16:09 am »
Then, reinstall GSX using the "full installer."?

You said you already did:

I have tried un-installing and cleaning up my registry, rebooting and reinstalling the demo

There's no "full" installer, opposed to the Trial version. The Trial version IS the full installer. "Full" in this context means "not a patch".

CBT1960

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 01:12:19 am »
Then, reinstall GSX using the "full installer."?

You said you already did:

I have tried un-installing and cleaning up my registry, rebooting and reinstalling the demo

There's no "full" installer, opposed to the Trial version. The Trial version IS the full installer. "Full" in this context means "not a patch".

Hi
Excuse that "Full installer" question, please. It was supposed to be a "paste" to my desktop as a notepad text. I did not notice I pasted it here til  a little bit ago.
  Gonna see what happens now.

CBT1960

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 05:12:37 am »
Any idea on what to do now? The program is still non-response. I flat do not know what else to do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 09:59:09 am »
Have you removed all the preference files, as explained in one of my previous messages ?

Other than that and installing the full installer, there's nothing else you can do, and it's clearly a problem with your system (corrupted Simconnect, or one of its Windows runtimes), nobody ever reported this problem so far, you are reporting something that basically can't happen, the one and only possible reason I can think of, it's you have a key conflict but still, when there's a key conflict, usually none of the conflicting apps will run.

Instead, from your log message, which I never saw from anybody else, it looks the opposite is happening, and two programs are trying to open a Simconnect window at the same time, which is something that just can't happen unless they are bound to the same key.

So, either it's some kind of key conflict, and that would have been fixed by removing the preference files, or something else in your FSX or Windows installation is wrong but, as I've said, since nobody ever reported this before, that's only a guess.

CBT1960

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 11:22:35 am »
Have you removed all the preference files, as explained in one of my previous messages ?

Other than that and installing the full installer, there's nothing else you can do, and it's clearly a problem with your system (corrupted Simconnect, or one of its Windows runtimes), nobody ever reported this problem so far, you are reporting something that basically can't happen, the one and only possible reason I can think of, it's you have a key conflict but still, when there's a key conflict, usually none of the conflicting apps will run.

Instead, from your log message, which I never saw from anybody else, it looks the opposite is happening, and two programs are trying to open a Simconnect window at the same time, which is something that just can't happen unless they are bound to the same key.

So, either it's some kind of key conflict, and that would have been fixed by removing the preference files, or something else in your FSX or Windows installation is wrong but, as I've said, since nobody ever reported this before, that's only a guess.

Hello, Firstly, thanks for sticking with me through this.
Secondly, I am wondering if there was a way for you and I can connect up via our computers. Im aiming to find out if there is a way for you to access my system remote, and see if perhaps if you can see if you can see something that may make a fixing difference. I would like to Skype with you. I believe you about your response above, but I DONT want to be the only customer on the PLANET who saw your program work on their system, then, after buying it cant run it.
   I'm FAR more interested in troubleshooting this down to a WORKING STATE, than to a "refund fix".
Lastly, I don't know if it will be helpful, but here is my System Specs:
*Thermal Take TRX 1200 Power Supply
*Asus Sabertooth P67 REV 3 Intel 1155 Docket SATA 6 USB 3
*Intel Core  I-7 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4 GHZ  LGA 1115 Quad Core/Turbo Boost
*Desktop Ram: 4 GB DDR3 1866/14900
*EVGA 015P31580OAR nVidia GeForce GTX 1.5 GDDR 5 - (X 2)
*256GB SATA A6 2.5’ Solid State Hard Drive
*Startech 4-pin Molex to SATA Power Adapter
*Dual Layer DVD Burner, Serial Connection- (X2)
*Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT OEM
*Startech replacement 6x1CM TX3 Fan, Ball replacement
*Startech replacement 5x1CM TX3 Fan, Ball replacement
*ROUTER: Cisco WRT 160N Ultra Range Plus Wireless Router
*Trackman Cordless Optical Trackman Mouse
*Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 400
*Logictech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
*HP Officejet PRO 8500A Wireless AIO Inkjet
*Saitek X 52 Pro Throttle/Joystick combo.
*Saitek Pro Flight Pedals
*Gigawire USB Hub
*Case: Thermaltake Level 10

Take care. Looking forward to hearing from you.

CBT1960

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 04:16:31 pm »

I have noticed something. You spoke of key conflict. I looked in FSX for conflicts, but found none. I looked in a program (plane) I have called Level D 767, and found some. I cleared those in Level D as I don't use a lot of key stroking when I fly. I don't know that is the problem, but I still cannot get any response from this program. I would not know anything about a "bad Simobject". You've noted  several times that no one else has reported this problem, and also that my machine may be at fault. These may be true.
That's why I am asking again if you will talk to me on Skype. This problem is going on long enough. I say lets jump on it, and figure out what is wrong here. I'm not convinced the problem is your programs, I don't think its my rigs, so the error can very much be mine, I just need some help figuring this out. I appreciate what you've been doing, no doubt, but I have planes to fly, and they need some servicing. If not Skype, Ill pay for a collect call. Lets just FIX this thing!

CBT1960

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 02:22:52 am »
Still waiting for a reply...