Author Topic: HELP gsx and all my sceneries don't work  (Read 2941 times)

MrSpeaker

HELP gsx and all my sceneries don't work
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:23:18 pm »
Ok all the buildings at all my fsdt airports are gone, there is no coulati menu in the addons tab either, not sure what happened, all this occurred after the last time gsx prompted me to do an update, i have also just installed the most recent standalone addon manager to see if it would correct the problem, but nothing.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HELP gsx and all my sceneries don't work
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:03:51 pm »
there is no coulati menu in the addons

The most likely cause is your antivirus blocking it.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL the Addon Manager with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the Addon Manager. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

The better solution, of course, is to use a more reliable antivirus, that doesn't mistakenly flag normal programs for threats, such as the free, lightweight and always updated Security Essentials from Microsoft, which doesn't require any configuration to be used with our products.

MrSpeaker

Re: HELP gsx and all my sceneries don't work
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:37:02 pm »
Great thanks, up and running now.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first