Author Topic: KLAX not installed issues  (Read 3774 times)

Ankh

KLAX not installed issues
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:29:17 am »
Dear all,

I realized a rather strange phenomenon yesterday: I have installed a bunch of FSDT sceneries (LSGG, LSZH, KLAS, PHNL and KJFK), which all work flawlessly in my FSX installation. However, I do not have KLAX installed, but instead using the modified AFD and OBJ library from Ray Smith, to enhance the default KLAX experience. But when I approach now KLAX (or if I start on KLAX, that's the same), I get huge stutters. My FPS do not drop, it is simply a monsterstutter lasting about 1 second, where the whole system is blocked, then about 5 second normal display, then the next stutter. First I was not really sure, what could be the reason, but then I realized, that the stutter always suddenly stops when on the upper right corner the message "Your trial time for KLAX has expired" is shown. WTF? I do not have KLAX installed, I never downloaded the installer to try the airport. So how can it be, that my FSX thinks, that I have KLAX from FSDT in trial mode active? No wonder I get those lags, if there is nothing installed but a trial period active... My guess: it has to do something with those annoying additional software tools you have to install when using a FSDT scenery (Couatl etc.). Could it be, that there is some error? That this tool somehow thinks, that I have the KLAX demo installed? If yes, how can I tell it, that I DO NOT have the KLAX demo installed?

Thank you for any hint.

regards
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX not installed issues
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
However, I do not have KLAX installed, but instead using the modified AFD and OBJ library from Ray Smith

Known problem, and already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7493.msg62515#msg62515

Ankh

Re: KLAX not installed issues
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:01:39 am »
Perfect, so I will rename the KLAX_OBJ.bgl. Thank's for the heads up!

regards
Chris