Author Topic: JFK V2 download  (Read 4435 times)

timmo73

JFK V2 download
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:57:25 am »
I can't get JFK V2 to download.  I can all the the other sceneries to download but that one and I don't know why.  I hope they fix it soon.  I tried 3 different browsers.

Timothy Dekofski

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 download
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 11:32:03 am »
Works fine here, and nobody else has reported a problem with it.

- Empty your browser cache, restart the browser and try again

- If this doesn't work, clear all the cookies coming from mediafire.com, restart the browser and try again

- If this doesn't work try with a different browser.

- If this doesn't work, try to restart your modem/router and try again

- If you are behind a corporate firewall, be sure your admin (or even the router software) hasn't blocked the mediafire.com domain. Some corporate firewalls are configured like that, to prevent employees from downloading games from the office...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:33:53 am by virtuali »

timmo73

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:58:02 am »
Tried everything.  All the other FSDT sceneries will download except JFK which I can't figure out.  I just don't understand it.  Here I purchased it and I can't even download it.

Timothy Dekofski

timmo73

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:09:44 pm »
Tried 3 different computers and still the same thing.  Cleared cache, cleared cookies, and shut down firewall and the same thing.  Still can't download JFK.  Any other ideas?  Obviously the the server is having problems because all the other sceneries download without a problem.

Timothy Dekofski

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:54:27 pm »
Here I purchased it and I can't even download it.

The download is always freely available before purchasing. You are normally supposed to download first, install, try it, and then purchase it.

Still can't download JFK.  Any other ideas?  Obviously the the server is having problems because all the other sceneries download without a problem.

The server are not having any problems, and the server logs shows there are 14 persons downloading the JFK V2 full installer and 9 persons downloading the update in this very moment and of course, nobody else has reported this, so the problem is surely on your side.

Most of the other installers are on not hosted on mediafire, only JFK V2, CYVR and GSX are. Can you download GSX or CYVR ?

If you can't download those too, that clearly indicates your system has a problem with accessing mediafire.com, all the possible steps you can check were already indicated in my previous message. Are you SURE you cleared both the browser cache AND all cookies coming from mediafire.com ?

Another possible (although unlikely) cause, is that your ISP has blocked mediafire.com domain, or that your IP has been blocked, not because you did something wrong but, if you are having a dynamic IP, someone else might have abused from it, so now that you got that IP, you can't download anymore from it. Which is why I suggested to restart your router, to get a new IP. Of course, if you have a static IP, this doesn't apply.