Author Topic: Couatl Script Engine unrecoverable error - another cause - RadeonPro  (Read 6142 times)

Osirith

Hi all,

I purchased GSX yesterday and spent some hours struggling with the "Couatl Script Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error" message and error windows popping up every 30 seconds on my screen. After reading tons of message threads about this problem, I tried - without success - most of the solutions (anti-virus, reinstall VC++ 2005, remove ATI tool, ...).

I then tried to find a possible culprit among my several resident software tools. And I did find it :)

The troublesome tool is RadeonPro, which is used to set some technical parameters atop other software using DirectX with AMD/ATI/Radeon graphic cards. I am using it to set enhanced AA parameters for FSX with DirectX10, and also to force a frame cap at 30 fps.
However, launching FSX with RadeonPro did trigger the infamous Couatl Script Engine error, so I tried to play with different setting of RadeonPro to remove the problem.

The solution is below :
- do not use API monitoring settings inside RadeonPro (used to offer RadeonPro hotkey functions inside other sofware), or use the setting "disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list".

So RadeonPro is one cause of Couatl scripting errors (unrecoverable error in log), and there is a solution to still use RadeonPro with GSX.

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Script Engine unrecoverable error - another cause - RadeonPro
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:53:27 pm »
That's interesting to know, we'll add it to the list of possible suggestions to programs to check, in addition to ATI Tray tools (which probably use similar methods to hook into running executables) and the Lenovo power management software.

ozzydeg

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:53:10 pm »
i am a victim of this problem i purchased the GSX yesterday with no luck making it to work!! but i have an Nvidia !!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:41:44 pm »
i am a victim of this problem i purchased the GSX yesterday with no luck making it to work!! but i have an Nvidia !!

Than it means the other product causing this is one of the other non-ATI related products, or one that nobody else has discovered yet.

Of course, you could have used the Trial to verify if the program was compatible with your other installed software so, it's not that you risk purchasing something and later discover "it doesn't work", unless you intentionally decide to buy without checking the Trial first, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a Trial in the first place...

Just proceed by exclusion, and try to shut down all your running programs, until you find the culprit.

Note that, I'm assuming that, by saying you have this problem, you are referring to the "Executable integrity" error message logged by GSX, which is what this thread is about.

If you are having another error, than this thread doesn't apply to you so, please, indicate the error you are having, possibly in another thread.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:43:59 pm by virtuali »

mbscjohnp

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:59:49 am »
Well, I haven't been on the computer for awhile due to an operation on my eyes.  Today, I started FSX and noted a message regarding downloading an update to GSX and I shut down FSX and my AVG, downloaded the Stand Alone Addon Manager and installed it.  As soon as I did so, a pop-up arrived that not all of the items could be installed and to try again later, but it continued to install whatever it was installing.  When the installation completed, I started FSX and receive the error message of this topic.  I am running two NVIDIA GeForce 9800, GTX+, 512MB, 256 bit, GDDR3, in SLI, and have no clue as to the reply suggestions contained above.  I had no problems with the prior GSX installation. 
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.