Author Topic: Questions about GSX- Quick Help  (Read 5697 times)

JohnB777

Questions about GSX- Quick Help
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:48:28 pm »
I was thinking about getting GSX but had just a few questions.

First question: Does GSX work with the following planes- Aerosoft airbus X Extended, Justflight Long haul download(A330/A340), PMDG B737 NGX, CS 727, CS 757, CS 767, CS 777, Project Airbus A380, and CLS DC10.

Second question: Is it to my understanding that GSX works with ALL default airports and ALL third party airports, for example, Aerosoft Frankfurt, Imagine sim Singapore, Tropical sim São Paulo, ORBX Melboure, ORBX Brisbane without having to buy those pesky credits you need with AES?

Quick response appreciated,
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Questions about GSX- Quick Help
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »
First question: Does GSX work with the following planes- Aerosoft airbus X Extended, Justflight Long haul download(A330/A340), PMDG B737 NGX, CS 727, CS 757, CS 767, CS 777, Project Airbus A380, and CLS DC10.

All of them, except maybe the free A380 and the CLSDC10, are already supported by GSX natively. But of course, even if an airplane is not supported, you can't create a configuration file for it fairly easily with the included editor, which let you place all the doors graphically.

Is it to my understanding that GSX works with ALL default airports and ALL third party airports, for example, Aerosoft Frankfurt, Imagine sim Singapore, Tropical sim São Paulo, ORBX Melboure, ORBX Brisbane without having to buy those pesky credits you need with AES?

Yes, GSX works with any FSX airport, default, 3rd party, past, present and future, without requiring any further purchase. It doesn't need any special support from the scenery developer either. And, you can customize GSX to better suit a specific airport, to improve on the default behavior, which uses data from the scenery AFCAD.

JohnB777

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »
Thank you, one more quick question.

When I look at videos of GSX online, I see that at some airports, even if you park at a gate with an air bridge, the air bridge does not move and GSX sends air stairs. Is it to my understanding that only gates at FSDT airports move and other 3rd party airport air terminals don't move with GSX?

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:21:24 pm »
Is it to my understanding that only gates at FSDT airports move and other 3rd party airport air terminals don't move with GSX?

GSX doesn't control any jetway movement. GSX doesn't modify any jetways at any airports. All FSDT airports have standard FSX jetways, that are controlled by FSX, using the standard Ctrl+J key. GSX has a special feature that detects if the gate has a working jetway, and will not deploy air stairs.

However, some addon airports, such as Flytampa, have fake, static jetways, that don't move. Because the jetway is non-existent to GSX, GSX will deploy air stairs. This can of coarse be overwritten in the GSX editor so GSX won't deploy air stars at gates with fake jetways.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:25:00 pm by Boone »

JohnB777

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:28:20 pm »
Good, then I will use GSX at default/airports with moving jetways and AES at airports with non-moving jetways, is there a way I can disable GSX at airports with AES so there aren't two different marshallers leading me to the correct parking spot?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »
Good, then I will use GSX at default/airports with moving jetways and AES at airports with non-moving jetways, is there a way I can disable GSX at airports with AES so there aren't two different marshallers leading me to the correct parking spot?

If you disable all doors in the AES airplane configuration, you can use it just for the jetways, at those 3rd party airports that requires AES and you purchased credits for, and keep using GSX for everything else.

JohnB777

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 10:11:12 pm »
Oh, yes, that would work too, except wouldn't there still be two marshallers?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:25:33 pm by JohnB777 »