Author Topic: Simconnect not working  (Read 20829 times)

henoik

Re: Simconnect not working
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:44 am »
There is a slight difference with the engine, and GSX itself, and I also think there is a slight difference between an error, and the error actually showing up. For example: There is a huge difference between a computer crashing and turning itself off, or just going to a black screen and a BSOD. Also, there is a difference between my Computer, and Windows.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:32 am »
There is a huge difference between a computer crashing and turning itself off, or just going to a black screen and a BSOD.

As I've said in my previous reply, that indicates GSX and Couatl and any of our products are not related in any way to the problem, they are only suffering from it.

You said your FSX tends to crash often, but you only see the error message from Couatl. This is BECAUSE Couatl tries to notify you of problems, instead of "just crashing", but it needs Simconnect to be properly installed in any case.

Checking if Simconnect works is one the first thing the program does and if Simconnect reports it has failed to initialize, Couatl doesn't have much choice than issuing that error message, assume Simconnect is really broken, and stop all further operations, that mostly requires Simconnect anyway.

henoik

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:47 pm »
Yes, I've understood that your products aren't the source to the problem, and that they're warning me about the problem(s). However, I don't think you should attack me and make me have to defend myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »
me about the problem(s). However, I don't think you should attack me and make me have to defend myself.

You must have confused me with someone else. I never attacked you, Boone it's just another forum user like you are, and he's known to be a bit short-tempered...

Hnla

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »
You must have confused me with someone else. I never attacked you, Boone it's just another forum user like you are, and he's known to be a bit short-tempered..

hahaha lolol.

I don't even get the point of this topic now... I'll leave..  :)

henoik

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »
Thanks, Umberto. I'll re-format my computer and see whether it helps or not. I'll be back on this thread then.

Wish me luck!

henoik

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 02:05:56 pm »
Okay... So I installed GSX after reformatting my system, and guess what... SAME SHIT HAPPENING. Don't get me wrong... I realize none of your software cause my problem, they just help me understand that they are there.

I just want to know how to fix this...

As I told you, it didn't fix the problem!  >:(

Edit: I did install FSX on the same drive as before (as that drive has never been the OS one, I obviously didn't format that hard drive, should I try to install FSX on the reformatted OS drive?

Edit 2: The problem I get now isn't completely identical to the one I had before reformatting my computer. Before, not even the Add-On menu showed up, now it does. But I still get the error at each start of FSX saying "Cannot init SimConnect error"

Edit 3: And before couatl.exe itself gave me an error, which it doesn't do any more. So that is good. I think it's only the startup error I get, but I think I'll just have to ignore that.

Edit 4: However, the couatl-thingy does not appear under the addons menu.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:21:33 pm by henoik »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 08:24:41 pm »
As long as you get THIS error:

But I still get the error at each start of FSX saying "Cannot init SimConnect error"

Which shows Simconnect is not working correclty.

Edit 4: However, the couatl-thingy does not appear under the addons menu.

None of our products will work. If they found Simconnect not working correctly, they will shut down immediately.

I'm sorry, but this just can't happen, if you really reformatted your system (are you sure you haven't restored from some backup that restored even the problem ?), it simply must work, assuming that:

- Your Windows is FULLY updated

- Your FSX is FULLY updated with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack)

- You reformatted and haven't restored anything related to systems files because if you did, chances are you have restored the bug too.

henoik

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 09:12:16 pm »
I did do a complete reformatting, and the only items I have restored is documents important for my studying... (That is several images, excel docs, word docs, powerpoints and PDFs)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:15:08 pm by henoik »

Eisbahn

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 10:27:08 am »
Have you installed the correct SDK version for your FSX version?

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29#Installation

henoik

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 03:47:15 pm »

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29#Installation

Yes, and I have also tried reinstalling this, but it doesn't help.

Eisbahn

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

Yes, and I have also tried reinstalling this, but it doesn't help.

I had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago.
I resolved the issue by doing the following:

1. Reformat the hard drive containing Windows and FSX.
2. Reinstall Windows.
3. Reinstall FSX and corresponding SDK
4. Run FSX to check everything is working correctly.
5. Reinstall GSX using latest standalone manager.
6. Run FSX to check everything is working correctly.
7. Reinstall other required addons (FSUIPC, etc.)
8. After every reinstall check that FSX and GSX is working correctly. It is possible that an unknown add-on is corrupting
    the SimConnect. This has happened to me, although I cannot remember which add-on was the culprit.

You must use all original files to reinstall and do not use backups.
If this does not work, you are not doing everything as suggested, or there is something drastically wrong with your PC.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:15:42 pm by Eisbahn »

henoik

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »
What you are telling me to do is exactly what I have done, and GSX didn't work at all! Never.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 11:40:11 am »
What you are telling me to do is exactly what I have done, and GSX didn't work at all! Never.

It's not GSX which isn't working. According to your report, it's Simconnect that is not responding correctly. Which will of course cause GSX not working, but GSX is the victim of the problem, not the cause.

Eisbahn

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 11:57:15 am »

If my suggestions do not work then you have something very wrong with your setup.
I do not believe that a complete reformatting and reinstall of Windows and FSX does not function.
This is typically the sort of suggestion you would get from Microsoft Support.
I can only imagine that you are doing something wrong, or have corrupted (or pirate copies) installation files.
Otherwise you can always buy a new PC and have everything installed for you. Then, if nothing works, you can always blame the dealer.