Author Topic: Just Think About It  (Read 10101 times)

wb2002

Re: Just Think About It
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 01:53:48 am »
I mentioned "giving Up' with reference to convincing individuals that have trouble imagining this idea. As a matter of fact, after purchasing FSDT scenery, I use a luxury car to tour the airport. I drive it into hangers and cargo storing areas. Driving around in FSDT airport hangers is not much different than walking around in airport terminals. I even drive it on the roads leading to & from the airport - Have some trouble with the elevated areas. In the past, I have entered some airport terminals with the "Walk & Follow" program I purchased years ago. I don't remember exactly what scenery it was but, I have entered airport terminals in FSX and saw views outside, from the inside. After experiencing these things and seeing how I can move about the passenger cabin in the Captain Sim B767 & B777 A/C's, it becomes easy for me to imagine and consider this feature about airport terminals.

My first statement concerning this did not say it had to be FSX but, with my experiences with FSX and what has been done by developers already, I can conceive this feature without much difficulty.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:31:51 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Hnla

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 04:31:24 am »
I mentioned "giving Up' with reference to convincing individuals that have trouble imagining this idea

It's not that we have trouble imagining the idea, it's that it's IMPRACTICAL.

Driving around in FSDT airport hangers is not much different than walking around in airport terminals.

The difference is just one: It makes sense going around airport hangars because we are in a Flight Simulator, it doesn't make sense to walk around insides of airports because this isn't a airport passenger simulator.

In the past, I have entered some airport terminals with the "Walk & Follow" program I purchased years ago. I don't remember exactly what scenery it was but, I have entered airport terminals in FSX and saw views outside, from the inside. After experiencing these things and seeing how I can move about the passenger cabin in the Captain Sim B767 & B777 A/C's, it becomes easy for me to imagine and consider this feature about airport terminals.

It was probably the old Flytampa Dubai scenery, which was originally for FS9, and the "inside" of that was for Looks on the outside, because the terminal has a lot of glass on the outside.

Does it not sink in your head about FSX's finite 4GB of memory? Why would developers even THINK about the inside of the airport when the complexity of addons now are reaching higher and higher levels? More addons are being stuffed into every area every day? They have MUCH more things to focus on, adding new features, more stuff etc, to the airport on the OUTSIDE, where you will be spending 99% of your time.

If you really load up your Flight Sim to just go inside to the airport and watch AI, I really suggest a new game for you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:33:43 am by Boone »

wb2002

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 06:04:33 am »
I mentioned "giving Up' with reference to convincing individuals that have trouble imagining this idea

It's not that we have trouble imagining the idea, it's that it's IMPRACTICAL.

Driving around in FSDT airport hangers is not much different than walking around in airport terminals.

Matter of opinion.

The difference is just one: It makes sense going around airport hangars because we are in a Flight Simulator, it doesn't make sense to walk around insides of airports because this isn't a airport passenger simulator.

Not brilliant statement - again, matter of opinion.

In the past, I have entered some airport terminals with the "Walk & Follow" program I purchased years ago. I don't remember exactly what scenery it was but, I have entered airport terminals in FSX and saw views outside, from the inside. After experiencing these things and seeing how I can move about the passenger cabin in the Captain Sim B767 & B777 A/C's, it becomes easy for me to imagine and consider this feature about airport terminals.

It was probably the old Flytampa Dubai scenery, which was originally for FS9, and the "inside" of that was for Looks on the outside, because the terminal has a lot of glass on the outside.

Does it not sink in your head about FSX's finite 4GB of memory? Why would developers even THINK about the inside of the airport when the complexity of addons now are reaching higher and higher levels? More addons are being stuffed into every area every day? They have MUCH more things to focus on, adding new features, more stuff etc, to the airport on the OUTSIDE, where you will be spending 99% of your time.

If you really load up your Flight Sim to just go inside to the airport and watch AI, I really suggest a new game for you.

Like you, I am fully capable of choosing whatever game I like and don't need suggestions in this area. I was into flight simulation with SubLogic when flight simulators and personal pc's were first available. I was and have built personal pc's when they were based on 8-bit binary system that did not have video screens but only light indicators representing input/output communications and results.

I would like to consider this topic closed. I understand there are some that do not share my views or imagination and now turning this subject matter into criticisms and provides the opportunity to be unkind with one another. I request moderator/administrator delete entire subject and threads.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:17:49 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU