Author Topic: Editing cargo doors?  (Read 3884 times)

mhlarsen

Editing cargo doors?
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »
I have run into an odd problem editing cargo doors.

For the MD-11F i have created two cargo doors, one aft right side and one forward left side.
The left cargo door is about five feet higher than the aft door.

Both are serviced by cargo loaders, but at the left forward door the ULD unit is level with the door, but hovering five feet above the cargo loader platform  :o

I have tried without luck to edit the sim.cfg file of the cargo loader.

Can anything be done about this?

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Editing cargo doors?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »
I have tried without luck to edit the sim.cfg file of the cargo loader.

The Cargo loader supplied with GSX is the FMC Commander 15 model, and its platform can go from 1.92 to 3.55 meters. This is 100% accurate to the actual specifications of the real vehicle.

You can't just change these parameters in the loader Sim.cfg, because they must match the physical model capabilities and how it's animated and modeled. In order to reach higher door heights, as in real life, we would need a different loader model.

The only way to not to have your cargo floating, with the current model, is to be sure no door is higher than the maximum reachable height of the FMC 15, which is 3.55 meters. This is the only possible solution, until we'll add an entirely new model that can reach higher than that.

mhlarsen

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 08:32:45 am »
Yep, the left cargo door is over 5 meters above ground.

The FMC Commander 30 has a max height of 5.6 meters and the models should be very similar  ;)

Thanks
Michael

Blake7

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »
Yep, the left cargo door is over 5 meters above ground.

The FMC Commander 30 has a max height of 5.6 meters and the models should be very similar  ;)

Thanks
Michael

The FMC Commander 30 I use at work will reach the main deck door sill of an MD11F and beyond ? And it certainly reaches a lot further up than 5.6m.
Gary Blake.

mhlarsen

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:16 pm »

Michael

The FMC Commander 30 I use at work will reach the main deck door sill of an MD11F and beyond ? And it certainly reaches a lot further up than 5.6m.

I believe you Blake7, but I was just quoting some specs found here:

http://pilotjohn.com/manuals/LoaderFMCCOMMANDERc30i.pdf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:52 pm »
The FMC Commander 30 has a max height of 5.6 meters and the models should be very similar

Yes, that's confirms what I've said: we need a new model, because the Commander 15 we supply GSX with, can't reach that height. Of course, now that GSX finally supports left cargo doors, it will make sense adding it. Before, it wasn't needed.