Author Topic: Blank Panel (Still)  (Read 8931 times)

Aggie

Blank Panel (Still)
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:44:04 pm »
Has anyone ever come up with a fix for the blank displays and HUD in the F-18 yet?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled in every conceivable combination, turned off firewalls, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

asarjip

Re: Blank Panel (Still)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 04:06:17 am »
Give us some more info.  What is your install? (just basic FSX with acceleration?)

Has this problem been there from the 1st time you installed the game or did it use to work ok then start acting up?

I had a simular problem with the Wilco 400M.  In the virtual cockpit all the screens and hud would be blank when the game 1st loaded.  I finally figured out that by switching to the 2-d panel for a second then back to the VC would fix it everytime. 

Just a thought.

Aggie

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 12:06:52 am »
Thanks!  I have the FSX Deluxe edition with the acceleration.  Funny thing, it did work before I reinstalled Windows to fix a bunch of video driver stuff.  Now everything else works great and stable, except for this.  I'll try what you suggest.  I really appreciate it.

Aggie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 12:44:29 am »
Nothing I seem to try works, so I'm giving up.  Thanks.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:37:45 am »
Aggie,

A couple of people seem to have resolved the problem you describe by eliminating duplicate "simconnect" files.

See the following thread where two or three users confirm this worked for them.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=213.msg2266#msg2266

Hope this helps,

- Voodoo
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Aggie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:08:25 pm »
Thanks!  I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.

Aggie

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »
I tried everything the thread Voodoo recommended, but still same result.   :(  Too bad, it seems like a nice sim otherwise.

I'm running WinXP SP3, Intel Core2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM, Dual NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Copterman5

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 03:59:00 am »
Hey guys. I made a package of all of these files with instructions. I'll upload it to FSheadquarters.com with your permission. Can I?

P.S.: I gave you full credit in the readme! Thanks a lot! ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 10:30:26 am »
Hey guys. I made a package of all of these files with instructions. I'll upload it to FSheadquarters.com with your permission.

If you are referring to the various F-A/18 tutorials, sorry no. We prefer people coming here for answers. You are welcome to put a link to this forum on your website, if you want.