Author Topic: Problems with FSX and Windows  (Read 3877 times)

albertowyatt

Problems with FSX and Windows
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »
Good afternoon!

I'm having problems with my Windows and FSX does not work. Therefore, I can not disable GSX.
Spoke to me that I can only uninstall FSX without disabling GSX, 5 times and if it exceeds this limit, I lose my license. I needed to uninstall the GSX 3 times, because I could not open the FSX.
This statement is true? Can I uninstall FSX and GSX without worry?

Thank you.

Sorry for my english.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with FSX and Windows
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »
The activation doesn't have anything to do with the installation or the FSX install.

You can uninstall and reinstall GSX an unlimited number of times, without affecting the activation. You can also entirely remove GSX, remove FSX and reinstall FSX again, and this won't affect GSX.

The only time you'll ever consume an activation, is if you are changing major hardware components, or if you are reinstalling Windows from scratch.

albertowyatt

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »
Formatting Windows too? Are how many activations? If I need to change processor or video card, consume activation? If you reach the maximum limit of activations, loses license?
If I disable the GSX also loses activation?
Is there another way to disable GSX, besides FSX?

Thank you and congratulations on the speed and efficiency in support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:54:04 pm »
Formatting Windows too?

Yes.

Are how many activations?

As explained on our site, you have 6 activations per order.

If I need to change processor or video card, consume activation?

Processor, most likely Yes. Video card, most likely not, but it depends on the video card you are upgrading from and the one you are upgrading to.

If you reach the maximum limit of activations, loses license?

Obviously not. As indicated on our FAQ page, if your last activation was issued more than 90 days before, older activations will be reclaimed to get new ones after the 6th, automatically. And if it wasn't, you can always contact support by email, asking for a manual reactivation.

If I disable the GSX also loses activation?

If with "disable" you mean the "Deactivate" feature of the Addon Manager, the whole point of it is that you will remove one used activation so, after you reactivate on a different system (or an upgraded one, or a reformatted one), it will compensate the new one you'll use on the new system, netting to zero "consumed" activations.

Is there another way to disable GSX, besides FSX?

No, you must access the Addon Manager. But, you said it's your FSX that has stopped working so, if this can be fixed by reinstalling FSX, this won't use an activation.

But why are you so worried about activations ? Are you SURE you already used all your 6 ? And even if this was the case, what's the problem ? You'll get a clear message such as "too many activations" when you'll try to reactivate again, so you will simply have to contact us asking for a manual reactivation.

Don't see how this is any different than reactivating FSX, or Windows itself, if you exceeded your FSX activations or your Windows activations, you'll have to contact Microsoft (by phone) and you don't have as many as 6 activation with MS products.

albertowyatt

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:33:07 pm »
Now everything is clear. I was misinformed by friends.

I was afraid of losing the license because uninstalled FSX without Deactive GSX.

Thank you for the support.